• The KillerFrogs

SI: Dalton becoming the engine of promising, young offense

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SI: Dalton becoming the engine of promising, young offense

By Thomas Casale, SportsGrumblings.com

Andy Dalton, QB Bengals -- I know Dalton had an up-and-down game Sunday but I wanted to talk about him anyway.

I've always believed that if you say something and you're wrong, sticking to your guns in spite of evidence to the contrary is a sign of being uneducated. Sometimes people are wrong. I was adamant that I didn't like Dalton coming out of TCU, but he's shown enough now for me to admit I was wrong.

This kid just has something about him. If you're in a keeper league or looking for a quarterback in the later rounds of next year's draft, I would be all over Dalton. He's shown a lot of poise and good pocket presence, two of the most important factors when it comes to being a successful NFL quarterback.

This summer I thought the Bengals had the least fantasy value of any offense in the NFL. Well, I was dead wrong. Not only was I wrong but next year when you're talking about Dalton, Green, Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Shipley, etc., I think the Bengals will have one of the better passing attacks in the league. ...