• The KillerFrogs

SI.com: AGCS corporate naming rights to be sold to highest bidder

NubomTurk

Tier 1
TCU Director of Intercollegiate Athetics Christopher Del Conte announced today that naming rights for the upgraded Amon G. Carter Stadium will be offered to the highest bidder. The move is seen as an effort to defray construction costs for the east side stadium expansion as well as other athletic department improvements.

The sales of corporate naming rights for collegiate stadiums is rare, but not without precedent. The Texas Tech football venue is known as "AT&T Jones Stadium" under the terms of a contract set to expire in 2014.

Early contenders for the naming rights include Radio Shack, Chipotle's Restaurants, and the UT Co-Op Store. UT Co-Op President and Chief Executive Officer Ariel Bummerman stated in a telephone interview that, "The UT Co-Op Store has an urgent need to be identified with a successful university athletics program. Can you think of a more prestigious program in this state than TCU? Seriously, I'm asking. I've racked my brain and no one else comes to mind right now..."

Screaming Flea

Brand identification through TCU? That takes guts.

Can you hear it.....???

Welcome to U-T Co-Op Store's ....Amon Carter Stadium.

Boy...This simply puts the world in order!!!

bumblebeetuna

I for one love the sound of "UT Co-op - Amon G Carter Stadium". Plus I bet TCu students would get good discounts on stuff at the stores.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
The naming rights should be sold to KY.

Solves the attendance issue......stadium expands as needed just by rubbing some product on the walls.