• The KillerFrogs

Shoutout to Coach Patterson

Pharm Frog

I get his point, this board is surprisingly negative towards GP which is quite frankly stupid. However, today Gary can join us as a fan in celebrating Sonny and his team for taking us one step further.
Count me among the stupid because I was very negative about GP and thought he should have been gone three years or so before he was. He held the program back which was a shame because he had built it. He’s a Longhorn now.

I would think he has a mix of emotions, happy and proud for this team and Coach Dykes. A sense of disappointment, he had this team basically for the last three years and struggled to finish 500. Make no mistake, this program would have not reached this level without Gary. Hope he finds some satisfaction in that.

Limey Frog

I know this might not be popular to say but huge thanks to Coach Patterson for setting up this team and program for this massive moment. I can't help but wonder what he is thinking as this team is one win away from realizing his longtime dream. Anyway. Go Frogs.
My buddy who cheers/played for Oregon said earlier this year that GP was our Mike Bellotti and Sonny is our Chip Kelly. I think that's right; he built the program and for whatever reason couldn't get it over the hump to its full potential. But without Gary, we're just an off-brand SMU that wasn't good in the 80s and plays in the AAC.

Frostie

My buddy who cheers/played for Oregon said earlier this year that GP was our Mike Bellotti and Sonny is our Chip Kelly. I think that's right; he built the program and for whatever reason couldn't get it over the hump to its full potential. But without Gary, we're just an off-brand SMU that wasn't good in the 80s and plays in the AAC.
Have to disagree with you on this one there was no college playoff in our Rose Bowl undefeated year, had there been one we would have gone to the national championship after beating Wisconsin! Also do not forget the year we were #3 only to be kicked out at the last minute by Ohio State, Gary got screwed on that one.

Limey Frog

Have to disagree with you on this one there was no college playoff in our Rose Bowl undefeated year, had there been one we would have gone to the national championship after beating Wisconsin! Also do not forget the year we were #3 only to be kicked out at the last minute by Ohio State, Gary got screwed on that one.
Yeah, maybe 2014 more even than 2010. But both teams were good enough.

Frog-in-law1995

Buck Showalter - Joe Torre

The TCU Football Jerk

We wouldn't have beaten Baylor this year (or last year with him at the helm for that matter). A Patterson team never would have pulled off that last second kick against BU this year. Did you notice the change in our short yardage dive play today? Patterson team would have still run those stupid goal line dives like those that failed against K State. I could go on and on. Yeah, yeah. He's great. But as of this very minute we're playing in the national championship game. Was never going to happen under Patterson. I am appreciative of what he did, but not sad one bit he's gone. There's a reason he's had no real interest in any available coaching jobs that came open this year. He can say he wasn't interested, but no one ever said they were going to money whip him to be their head coach or that they'd like to talk to him. UNLV is the only school he was even mentioned as possibly being a candidate for. Good luck with whatever it is you do from here on out gp, but I can't be more happy about where we are now.