• The KillerFrogs

Should Strength & Conditioning, Athletic Training & Medical staff be held accountable?

froginmn

I wasn’t blaming anyone. I was asking a legitimate question about the quality of the program in general. Good grief indeed.

If you are saying that only coaches, AD’s and players are accountable for their performance, then so be it.
You started a thread asking if the training and S&C staff should be held accountable, and started the post referencing three basketball injuries that obviously have nothing to do with conditioning.

I think you should expect some grief about that.

BABYFACE

A high performance car (race car) always needs to be worked and is constantly blowing something out because it pushed to the limits . I think the human body is similar. When one puts on as much muscle mass as possible and competes at full throttle, injuries are going to happen. Just my theory.

Froggy Style

I wasn’t blaming anyone. I was asking a legitimate question about the quality of the program in general. Good grief indeed.

If you are saying that only coaches, AD’s and players are accountable for their performance, then so be it.

OP: “Should we hold the trainers accountable for the injuries?”

Response: it was a wrist and a concussion, u dumb

OP: “I wasn’t blaming anyone. Jeez, don’t hold me accountable for my words.”

Paint It Purple

You started a thread asking if the training and S&C staff should be held accountable, and started the post referencing three basketball injuries that obviously have nothing to do with conditioning.

I think you should expect some grief about that.
Fair enough. Should have looked for a GP quote. Nevertheless, it’s interesting to me how all aspects of the athletic department are fair game and subject to scrutiny, yet this area is above reproach. So when crippling and unprecedented circumstances occur within these programs, no level of question is allowed because the only answer is; injuries just happen. Okay.

Surfrog

Race car theory is correct -

There is a U curve with injuries and S&C. The higher tuned the person is, the more likely an injury is from force production/impact.

FYI - Don Sommer is one of 36 MSCCs, interned under Louie Simmons who is considered the godfather of the barbell, Has been named the national strength and conditioning coach of the year, has had many players make all-American status on the National Strength and Conditioning Association list, developed a 700+ back squat out of guys barely 220 etc and on and on.

Point is, S&C program is just fine, trainers are considered some of the best in the nation, we've just had... interesting luck regarding the injury department. Also, times have changed where kids are smaller and faster than before now. Most simply don't want to work in the weight room.

Eight

Fair enough. Should have looked for a GP quote. Nevertheless, it’s interesting to me how all aspects of the athletic department are fair game and subject to scrutiny, yet this area is above reproach. So when crippling and unprecedented circumstances occur within these programs, no level of question is allowed because the only answer is; injuries just happen. Okay.

i think you are missing the common theme of the replies.

no one said you can't ever question s&c, medical staff etc....only that there isn't the correlation between the 3 specific injuries you site and the parts of the program you question

alok broke a bone in his hand and then decided to transfer. not sure how any of the groups you site could be held in question for a player breaking a bone in their hand.

macwiliams sustains a concussion and at some point or other puts his name in the transfer portal. not sure how s&c could do anything here and again not sure how the medical staff is being negligent or not doing their job especially when you consider the new protocols for dealing with concussions.

fisher has knee problems that started prior to his time at tcu. we don't truly know what is wrong with jaylen, don't know if he has some predisposition or just bad luck, but it does seem his history reads like a player with chronic problems which aren't good for someone his age.

i have seen multiple players get hurt at one time, but some reason you find this unprecedented. what i find unprecedented is 3 players wanting to transfer from a program in roughly a month but there is merely mny perspective

i think a more appropriate line might have been about the number of soft tissue injuries incurred in football which can be correlated to s&c and medical care, but i just can't see that think with broken bones and concusssions

Mean Purple

The amount of injuries the frogs have on football would sure seem to show an issue with strength and conditioning. As far as the "injuries happen everywhere" line, that just does not cover for what has gone on.

Paint It Purple

i think you are missing the common theme of the replies.

no one said you can't ever question s&c, medical staff etc....only that there isn't the correlation between the 3 specific injuries you site and the parts of the program you question

alok broke a bone in his hand and then decided to transfer. not sure how any of the groups you site could be held in question for a player breaking a bone in their hand.

macwiliams sustains a concussion and at some point or other puts his name in the transfer portal. not sure how s&c could do anything here and again not sure how the medical staff is being negligent or not doing their job especially when you consider the new protocols for dealing with concussions.

fisher has knee problems that started prior to his time at tcu. we don't truly know what is wrong with jaylen, don't know if he has some predisposition or just bad luck, but it does seem his history reads like a player with chronic problems which aren't good for someone his age.

i have seen multiple players get hurt at one time, but some reason you find this unprecedented. what i find unprecedented is 3 players wanting to transfer from a program in roughly a month but there is merely mny perspective

i think a more appropriate line might have been about the number of soft tissue injuries incurred in football which can be correlated to s&c and medical care, but i just can't see that think with broken bones and concusssions
I appreciate your response, and I get your point. I merely played off a Jaime Dixon quote in the news this morning, then immediately cited the football team at TCU as an answer to JD's rhetorical question. I get it: Concussions and bone fractures happen and to point to a medical staff for cause and effect isn't fair. (Although plenty has been made about missed concussive symptoms). Perhaps a reading of the original post would help clarify, but perhaps not. I'm beginning to wonder if the medical staff's moms and dads comprise a large portion of the posters here.

Eight

I appreciate your response, and I get your point. I merely played off a Jaime Dixon quote in the news this morning, then immediately cited the football team at TCU as an answer to JD's rhetorical question. I get it: Concussions and bone fractures happen and to point to a medical staff for cause and effect isn't fair. (Although plenty has been made about missed concussive symptoms). Perhaps a reading of the original post would help clarify, but perhaps not. I'm beginning to wonder if the medical staff's moms and dads comprise a large portion of the posters here.

funny thing about jamie's comment is frog depth issues aren't a byproduct of season ending injuries. kaden transferred and 3 players were hurt. one of those 3 hurt is gone for the year not because of the injury, but his transfer and who knows the true story with angus. his name somehow got into the transfer portal. maybe he was in a fog from the concussion, but i don't know and those who do aren't going to say here for appropriate reasons.

i can recall a few years ago with trent we had a worse injury spell and if i recall correctly when frogs played usc earlier this year the trojans had bigger injury problems then the frogs right now.

not sure why he said what he said, but i do find it interesting there hasn't been a comment made about 2 transfers in a month's time off an 11-man roster

in response to the replies, i as well as many don't always read full context or doing something at the same time as well as some are going to bristle any time you infer something negative or should be changed.

nothing wrong with asking questions or trying to stimulate real conversation