• The KillerFrogs

Season tickets

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You must’ve gotten a special email for ticket resellers.

Mine is just an invoice with payment plan option and deadline to renew
I assume they are tracking it through their Seat Geek partnership. We sold tickets to a couple of games last year through GoFrogs/Seat Geek and got the same email.

OICU812

@Zubaz - Except that it is far off. Arizona returns quality players from the team that just beat OU in the Alamo Bowl and OSU made it to the BigXII Championship game. Tech is a rival that has scoreboard on us. You can also look forward to Utah at the Carter some years. So cheer up. Or don't buy season tickets. May help me improve mine. Go Frogs!
Read online that when AZ’s coach announced he was going to Washington, they had 9 players in a 30-minute span go portal. Yikes.

Zubaz

K. Then six P4 teams instead of one.
We are talking about season tickets, so our home schedule only. We have 6 home games. Three of them are lower-tier caliber (LIU, Houston, UCF), and of the three P5 games (Oklahoma State, Arizona, and Tech), two of which are mid-to-low tier P5. So two extra Power conference games games that are fairly decent. It's slightly better than our G5 days, but its a lot closer to that than the Big 12 schedules we've had the last ten years.

Was just pointing out that the lack of UT / OU on the home schedule is quite noticable.

Last edited:

froginmn

We are talking about season tickets, so our home schedule only. We have 6 home games. Three of them are lower-tier caliber (LIU, Houston, UCF), and of the three P5 games (Oklahoma State, Arizona, and Tech), two of which are mid-to-low tier P5. So two extra Power conference games games that are fairly decent. It's slightly better than our G5 days, but its a lot closer to that than the Big 12 schedules we've had the last ten years.

Was just pointing out that the lack of UT / OU on the home schedule is quite noticable.
I think you're misremembering those days.

In 2011, 09, 05, 02, and 01 we played ZERO home games against P5 teams.

In every other year going back to 2000 we played one per year (2 against Baylor, 2 against Northwestern, and one each against Stanford, Tech, and Vanderbilt).

That's 7 P5 home games in twelve years.

And you can call UCF and Houston lower-tier but they're still P5 (now P4). I'd call Northwestern and Vanderbilt lower-tier as well. In 2007 Baylor (3-9) was lower-tier; in 2010 they had climbed to 7-6. That would leave you with two "upper tier" P5 home games in twelve years (if Tech was upper then and mid to lower now, although they were 8-5 in 2006, and Stanford was 5-7 the year we played them).

Yes, losing OU and UT is bad, but it's nothing close to the CUSA days.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I assume they are tracking it through their Seat Geek partnership. We sold tickets to a couple of games last year through GoFrogs/Seat Geek and got the same email.
There was no email. On the renewal application was a yes/no question about "Will you be re-selling these tickets? If so, call the Ticket Office. If not, proceed as normal." I do not re-sell my tix, so, no.

In years past, if I was not able to attend a game, I gave my tix away to friends or to people on Killerfrogs.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Re-upped.

I like that the re-sale of tickets continues to be frowned upon.
I am curious, and I honestly don’t know so feel free to flame away, as well as informed responses – – has the frown upon policy made any effect on visiting fans buying out the lower west bowl that maniac was always complaining about?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
There was no email. On the renewal application was a yes/no question about "Will you be re-selling these tickets? If so, call the Ticket Office. If not, proceed as normal." I do not re-sell my tix, so, no.

In years past, if I was not able to attend a game, I gave my tix away to friends or to people on Killerfrogs.
Correct. Not in the email, in the renewal application.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I am curious, and I honestly don’t know so feel free to flame away, as well as informed responses – – has the frown upon policy made any effect on visiting fans buying out the lower west bowl that maniac was always complaining about?
Nope.

I will say that a couple of years ago, when they got rid of a number of pure StubHub accounts, a lot of nicer seats opened up. The thing is, they will never fully eradicate reselling of tickets. Friends can always give them, and there's no way to track cash. Plus, there's quite a few Big Donors who are alums of other Programs, and dress out accordingly.