• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Temple Football Joining The Big East In 2012?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

By Jason Brewer - Managing Editor

Most of the speculation about a local college football team headed to the Big East has centered around Villanova this year. However, according to four different Temple recruits, it appears as though the Owls are talking like they will be joining the BCS conference in 2012.

Two stories were published yesterday about recruits Temple landed for the 2012 season and both kids spoke of the expected move to the Big East. First was Trinity Prep linebacker Michael Kalaman, who had this to say.

"I am really excited about being coached under new head coach Steve Addazio, as well as the other coaches he brought along," Kalaman said of the former Florida offensive coordinator. "Temple will hopefully be moving back to the Big East by the time I get there in 2012. I believe they are on the verge of excellent things with their football program." ...

FROGDADDY

By Jason Brewer - Managing Editor

Most of the speculation about a local college football team headed to the Big East has centered around Villanova this year. However, according to four different Temple recruits, it appears as though the Owls are talking like they will be joining the BCS conference in 2012.

Two stories were published yesterday about recruits Temple landed for the 2012 season and both kids spoke of the expected move to the Big East. First was Trinity Prep linebacker Michael Kalaman, who had this to say.

"I am really excited about being coached under new head coach Steve Addazio, as well as the other coaches he brought along," Kalaman said of the former Florida offensive coordinator. "Temple will hopefully be moving back to the Big East by the time I get there in 2012. I believe they are on the verge of excellent things with their football program." ...
I can barely contain my excitement.

mtmedlin

Notice the article fails to mention that if we were to add Temple that Nova would begin a campaign to split. Adding Temple would give a better Phily addition but it would split the league...no question about it, so any mention of that happening is pure BS.

Planks

Yeah, this just sounds like recruiting propaganda told to recruits by the coaches. If I'm not mistaken, there was a UCF recruit that said something along the same lines.

Army Frog Fan

Heck, if I were Kevin Sumlin or June Jones I would be telling recruits there was a good chance UH and SMU were going to join the Big East too.

If I were Chris Petersen I would be selling a possible Big 12 invite.

May not be 100% true, but not 100% false if worded correctly.

Cougar/Frog

SB Nation is half a step up from Bleacher Report.....if that.....

While Temple would like the Big East and might even make more football sense that Nova, I think it would be a bad move for the Big East, sort of like thinking University of North Texas carries DFW....

Army Frog Fan

SB Nation is half a step up from Bleacher Report.....if that.....

While Temple would like the Big East and might even make more football sense that Nova, I think it would be a bad move for the Big East, sort of like thinking University of North Texas carries DFW....
Whatever. Philly follows Temple football religiously. Or is it Penn St.? I always get the two confused.

Stiff Arm Frog

I would seriously rather have Villanova than have Temple. At least Villanova has the potential to be good with a few years of patience. Temple has spent the last century stuck in neutral.

DelFrog

I'm currently living in the Philly area and there has been absolutely ZERO talk relative to Temple moving back to the Big East. In fact there has been very little recent conversation relative to Villanova's potential move up to the BE. The Nova move may still happen, but there is no shot of Temple joining the Big East.