• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: TCU WR Savion Williams to return for the 2024 season

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

TCU WR Savion Williams to return for the 2024 season​

The Horned Frogs leading receiver will play a fifth season in Fort Worth

By Anthony North
@north_anthony

The TCU Horned Frogs will have its leading receiver back for another season as senior Savion Williams announced via social media that he would be returning to Fort Worth for a fifth season. In 2023 Williams had 41 receptions for 573 yards and four touchdowns, including a breakout performance vs. the Texas Longhorns with 11 catches for 164 yards and a score.

Savion Williams has played in 40 games through his four seasons at TCU, reaching the end zone eight times and gaining over 1,000 yards on 77 receptions. Williams’ return is a major boost for the Frogs; TCU will return a deep and experienced pass-catcher group, but with Warren Thompson and TE Jared Wiley out of eligibility and highly touted prospect Cordale Russell entering the transfer portal, Williams will again have high expectations as the leader of the group in 2024.

Read more at https://www.frogsowar.com/2023/12/7...savion-williams-to-return-for-the-2024-season

FrogCop19

Wow. Great statement from a great young man. I don't care about the "this will help/hurt his draft" crap, or if someone told him he needs to mature another year like a bundt cake in the oven. I don't even care if someone told him to make this statement, I just love the heartfelt nature and the fact that despite our struggles he's coming back.

SW just became one of my new favorite Frogs.

tcudoc

Great message and a great player. I feel that we have not yet seen how great he can be. I hope that he gets the chance to show the rest of the country what he is capable of next year. Nice to get some good news about this football team. I believe that next year will be a much better year for our team with a return to a bowl game and, perhaps even in the running for a conference championship or a playoff spot. A lot of work yet to do, but I remain hopeful.

Dogfrog

There was something about our ‘22 spring practice that was special and seemed to propel the whole season. ‘23 spring was a step back IMO. Hope we can get back to that vibe next year.

Wow. Great statement from a great young man. I don't care about the "this will help/hurt his draft" crap, or if someone told him he needs to mature another year like a bundt cake in the oven. I don't even care if someone told him to make this statement, I just love the heartfelt nature and the fact that despite our struggles he's coming back.

SW just became one of my new favorite Frogs.
People forget that Q Johnson almost doubled his catches and yards receiving his 3rd year compared to his 2nd. SW’s career reminds me of QJ’s. Flashes but nothing sustained early on. Hope SW can really breakout next year.

froginmn

Great message and a great player. I feel that we have not yet seen how great he can be. I hope that he gets the chance to show the rest of the country what he is capable of next year. Nice to get some good news about this football team. I believe that next year will be a much better year for our team with a return to a bowl game and, perhaps even in the running for a conference championship or a playoff spot. A lot of work yet to do, but I remain hopeful.
Did ChatGPT write that?

:cool:

Putt4Purple

There was a time - early in the 2021 season, I believe - that I thought Savion would be having the breakout season that QJ ended up having. Savion showed some really marvelous flashes this seaon, and I hope he, like Quentin, will have a 2024 season that leads to a first-round draft pick.
Agree with everything you said but a lot depends on the QB and the overall offensive scheme. Having a decent defense would help without the pressure of the offense having to score 50 points a game would also help. TEAM!

tetonfrog

SW is a better all around WR than QJ
SW really came on strong at the end of the season, but I have never seen him take over a game like QJ did against Kansas or Michigan in 2022. I do not remember SW making plays like QJ did on that crossing pattern in the semis last year. But SW was certainly held back by our QB/OL struggles and scheme.

I am looking forward to seeing lead comeback in '24.

Agree with everything you said but a lot depends on the QB and the overall offensive scheme. Having a decent defense would help without the pressure of the offense having to score 50 points a game would also help. TEAM!
Before 2022, how many times did a Max D led team score 50 points. They scored 50 points on Michigan, who had probably not give up 30 in a game all year. QJ loosened up the MI defense.