• The KillerFrogs

SB Nation: Iowa State showed blueprint for Texas to beat TCU

On the offensive side of the ball, I think the play to have the frog DE lethargically step offsides and negate a pick six was the best one that wunderkind Campbell drew up. You know Coach Mensa will be all over that!

Let it go. When you have to rely on defense and special teams to do your scoring, you aren't going to win many games, The offside penalty came at a bad time, but you also have to consider that their QB knew he had a free play and may have forced it. Who knows and it doesn't matter. The offense just had a horrible day and we need to hope that they bounce back against Texas.

The best, most astute, thought in that mess of an article came in the comments section:

"Would help to draw the exact same officiating crew, as well. The refs at that game wiped out virtually every big play TCU made on offense during the second half. TCU deserved to lose the game but they probably would have won it spite of themselves with a different crew of refs."

He didn't mention phantom PI calls on 3rd and long that extended ISU's two touchdown drives, but I digress...

Amen brother.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Blueprint for beating TCU - 1) have the refs call holding on TCU on second down on every drive. Add in TCU's QB playing his worst game of the year. Then you can beat the Frogs.

Portland Frog

Blueprint for beating TCU - 1) have the refs call holding on TCU on second down on every drive. Add in TCU's QB playing his worst game of the year. Then you can beat the Frogs.

2) Don't call holding on the opponent too when it's obviously holding occurs on multiple occasions.

Lone Frog

I got to admit - that was the first game I've seen where pancaking a DT earned you a holding call.