• The KillerFrogs

Sat night weather prediction

Volare

Still several days out, but so far not looking good...

Keep your eyes open and pray that the system slows down and pushes into Sunday morning.

Last edited:

Limp Lizard

Rain is one thing. Lightning delays is another thing altogether, at a night game. Hopefully we will finish before 2:00AM, before the bars close and the streets are flooded with drunks.

SuperTFrog

How many games have we had delayed by lightning in the last ten years? 2? Unless someone is seeing a massive lightning storm coming in on Saturday (which may be the case) I don't think we should assume there will be lightning.

As for me, I am predicting massive lightning delays.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Saturday night weather prediction:

Cx0lL7EXgAE9Qt2.jpg

YA

Everything I have read is that the rain will be after the game is over into the early morning hours of Sunday.

We should be fine

CountryFrog

Still several days out, but so far not looking good...

Keep your eyes open and pray that the system slows down and pushes into Sunday morning.
I've sent a prayer request to my church just now so that everyone will be praying for perfect weather during our football game along with healing cancer patients, widowed mothers who can no longer afford their mortgage, and the premature baby in the NICU.

Zubaz

How many games have we had delayed by lightning in the last ten years? 2? Unless someone is seeing a massive lightning storm coming in on Saturday (which may be the case) I don't think we should assume there will be lightning.

As for me, I am predicting massive lightning delays.
Texas 2013
Baylor 2015
Kansas State 2017

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
So I left Houston yesterday, leaving behind hurricane country, to find myself today in the middle of hurricane remnants in Northern Europe. Now THAT’s weather.

MAcFroggy

Was there lighting for Baylor in 2015? I don't remember that but my eyes were frozen shut and my ears were clogged with sleet.

I think there was. Wasn't the game start delayed?

Edit: Here is the ESPN game recap:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400763464

"It had been raining since Thursday, and rained throughout the game with several heavy downpours. The start of the game was delayed 50 minutes because of lighting. The TCU band was on the field during the invocation and about to perform the National Anthem when the field was cleared because of that warning."