• The KillerFrogs

SA Express-News: Q&A with TCU's Patterson

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
SA Express-News: Q&A with TCU's Patterson

Coach Gary Patterson has led the TCU football program into elite status, taking the Horned Frogs to consecutive BCS bowl appearances. Patterson, in San Antonio on Friday to talk to boosters, discussed with Express-News staff writer Jerry Briggs the team's prospects for the coming season, an impending move into the Big East Conference and the Frogs' most recent triumph — a 21-19 victory over Wisconsin on Jan. 1 in the Rose Bowl

It was an emotional scene in Pasadena. Can you talk about what it was like for you and for the TCU fans?

"For our fans, and for Fort Worth, I was very excited. I was very happy to see how happy Fort Worth was, and our players. And, really in the state of Texas, to see how many people supported us. It was just an awesome moment in time in our lives. Now, we're 0-0, and it's back to business." ...

Gunner

Now, I like that. GP doesn't miss anything. I was hoping our recruiters would talk up the big media we will now get in the Big East.

Don't know how he came up with this, but to bring it to life, he is using the Tex Schram example of how he worked to get Dallas exposure.. Of how they worked to get into the eastern conference so as to get maximum coverage by the media.

And what could better explain it, in terms not easily forgotten.

Just hope ESPN and others up there don't resent the outsiders coming in and we get a bunch of regional bias. Somehow, I don't think the New York press will do that. ESPN, well now, that's a whole new question. They been working against us for way too long...

SnoSki

I will enjoy the increased exposure for the program when we get to the Big East. There are more writers on the east coast who care about football and don't have as blatant of a homer bias like the Deseret news... :wacko:

I'm thankful we won't be getting many more of their previews from here on.

73frog

Gary is so impressive in interviews now. Plus he is more relaxed. He had 5 sentences about how great the Rose Bowl was before he got in the "now we're 0-0 and its back to work". :)