• The KillerFrogs

Rumors are still swirling that Ku is secretly talking - again - to Big East

Frog_Fan71

Post and editing fail of epic proportions.

Please be advised that this board (the forum software) does not play well with gratuitous HTML. You will need to remove any XML elements and/or html tags prior to posting.

OmniscienceFrog

I realize nobody is interested and will prefer to slam the OP, but who cares.&nbsp;&nbsp;I will put out the post I saw, and you can read it or not.&nbsp;&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>(post on Mizzou board)&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div><br><br>by MizzooMisery -<br><br>I ran across this article in a blog. Veeeeeeeeery interesttttttttinggg ! &nbsp;- - -&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;"Folks I cant give you any links because I heard this from a source in Athletic offices at Ku.&nbsp;&nbsp;Kansas is talking to the Big East again !&nbsp;&nbsp;Or at least a better way to say it is the Kansas Athletic Dept is talking to them. The President at Ku is still not completely sold yet, but he is coming around.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Ku Prez doesnt want to give up Big 12 money sooner than he has to, but the Ku Athletic Dept is telling him that Ku will pay a heavy price if the Big East moves on without Ku and then the Big 12 breaks up".&nbsp;&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>Here is what is going on&nbsp;according to my spy - <br> <br>a) Kansas doesnt want to get left behind in the next reshuffle and is determined to do some advance planning this time and not get caught flat footed like last time. <br><br>b) Ku is being told politely by the Big East, that the conference may have to move on without them at some point (as in Villanova, Ucf, and Houston to make 12). <br><br>c) Ku very impressed with Big East as potential home for it's basketball program, especially with Big East proving this yr that they are the best hoops conf in America.<br><br>d) Ku, Kansas St, and Missouri would also have to be part of a "package deal" to the Big East, which would make 12. Villanova and Ucf would make 14 or if the Big 12 imploded, Okie St and Ucf would make 14.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>e) 4 teams would be booted out of the Big East in basketball immediately if Ku, Ksu, and Mu joined (Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, and Depaul).<br><br>f) 2 more teams "might" be booted out later, but also might possibly survive to play "basketball only" in the Big East (Georgetown and St John's).&nbsp;&nbsp;If Big 12 imploded and Big East went to 14 members, Georgetown and St John's might still stay, making 14 for football and 16 for basketball. &nbsp;<br><br>g) Notre Dame would be finally given an ultimatum from the Big East to join in football or quit in basketball. ND may not want to leave Big East as much as some believe. <br><br>h) Notre Dame would have a far better chance at a Bcs Bowl bid each year in the Big East than it would in the Big 10. ND staying in Big East isnt out of the question, and ND dearly loves the Big East in basketball.&nbsp;&nbsp;ND may consider Big East in all sports.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>i) Tcu makes 9 in Big East.&nbsp;&nbsp;Ku, Ksu, and Missou make 12.&nbsp;&nbsp;Dont be fooled by the talk of Nova to the Big East. It is rumored to be a power play and pressure tactic by Big East on Ku.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>j) Ku has their ears to the ground now and is hearing that over 80% of A&amp;M fans want to go to the SEC.&nbsp;&nbsp;May not happen immediately but Ku folks think it is inevitable at some point in the near or intermediate future, which will collapse the Big 12.&nbsp;&nbsp; <br><br>k) If A&amp;M leaves first (they have an open invitation to SEC) Oklahoma goes with them (Ou has open invite to SEC also).&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>l) If A&amp;M and Okla leave, Ku will be gone the next day, as will Ksu and Mu.&nbsp;&nbsp;Texas will go to the Pac 10, or more likely will go indy.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>m) All that will be left in Big 12 will be Okie St, TTech, Iowa St and Baylor.&nbsp;&nbsp;Baylor and TTech will get likely get an invite to Mtn West Conf.&nbsp;&nbsp;Iowa St is not likely to get invite to Mtn West.&nbsp;&nbsp;Big East might take two more (Okie St and Ucf)<br><br>n) Conf Usa will likely take Iowa St.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>o) Ku is getting itchy and is also very irritated with Longhorns.&nbsp;&nbsp;Nothing concrete but talks between Ku and Big East are still happening. <br><br>This isnt over yet.

</div></div>

Good god, if you're going to clutter up the board, at least make it readable.

AggieAngst

I realize nobody is interested and will prefer to slam the OP, but who cares.&nbsp;&nbsp;I will put out the post I saw, and you can read it or not.
[font="georgia][size="4"]
[/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

(post on Mizzou board)

by MizzooMisery -

I ran across this article in a blog. Veeeeeeeeery interesttttttttinggg !

"Folks I cant give you any links because I heard this from a source in Athletic offices at Ku.

Kansas is talking to the Big East again ! Or at least a better way to say it is the Kansas Athletic Dept is talking to them. The President at Ku is still not completely sold yet, but he is coming around.&nbsp;&nbsp;The Ku Prez doesnt want to give up Big 12 money sooner than he has to, but the Ku Athletic Dept is telling him that Ku will pay a heavy price if the Big East moves on without Ku and then the Big 12 breaks up"

Here is what is going on according to my spy -
a) Kansas doesnt want to get left behind in the next reshuffle and is determined to do some advance planning this time and not get caught flat footed like last time.

b) Ku is being told politely by the Big East, that the conference may have to move on without them at some point (as in Villanova, Ucf, and Houston to make 12).

c) Ku very impressed with Big East as potential home for it's basketball program, especially with Big East proving this yr that they are the best hoops conf in America.

d) Ku, Kansas St, and Missouri would also have to be part of a "package deal" to the Big East, which would make 12. Villanova and Ucf would make 14 or if the Big 12 imploded, Okie St and Ucf would make 14.

e) 4 teams would be booted out of the Big East in basketball immediately if Ku, Ksu, and Mu joined (Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, and Depaul).

f) 2 more teams "might" be booted out later, but also might possibly survive to play "basketball only" in the Big East (Georgetown and St John's). If Big 12 imploded and Big East went to 14 members, Georgetown and St John's might still stay, making 14 for football and 16 for basketball.

g) Notre Dame would be finally given an ultimatum from the Big East to join in football or quit in basketball. ND may not want to leave Big East as much as some believe.

h) Notre Dame would have a far better chance at a Bcs Bowl bid each year in the Big East than it would in the Big 10. ND staying in Big East isnt out of the question, and ND dearly loves the Big East in basketball. ND may consider Big East in all sports.

i) Tcu makes 9 in Big East.&nbsp;&nbsp;Ku, Ksu, and Missou make 12.&nbsp;&nbsp;Dont be fooled by the talk of Nova to the Big East. It is rumored to be a power play and pressure tactic by Big East on Ku.

j) Ku has their ears to the ground now and is hearing that over 80% of A&M fans want to go to the SEC. May not happen immediately but Ku folks think it is inevitable at some point in the near or intermediate future, which will collapse the Big 12.

k) If A&M leaves first (they have an open invitation to SEC) Oklahoma goes with them (Ou has open invite to SEC also).

l) If A&M and Okla leave, Ku will be gone the next day, as will Ksu and Mu. Texas will go to the Pac 10, or more likely will go indy.

m) All that will be left in Big 12 will be Okie St, TTech, Iowa St and Baylor. Baylor and TTech will get likely get an invite to Mtn West Conf. Iowa St is not likely to get invite to Mtn West. Big East might take two more (Okie St and Ucf)

n) Conf Usa will likely take Iowa St.

o) Ku is getting itchy and is also very irritated with Longhorns.&nbsp;&nbsp;Nothing concrete but talks between Ku and Big East are still happening.

This isnt over yet.

Frog_Fan71

I realize nobody is interested and will prefer to slam the OP, but who cares.I will put out the post I saw, and you can read it or not.(post on Mizzou board) by MizzooMisery -

I ran across this article in a blog. Veeeeeeeeery interesttttttttinggg !

"Folks I cant give you any links because I heard this from a source in Athletic offices at Ku.Kansas is talking to the Big East again! Or at least a better way to say it is the Kansas Athletic Dept is talking to them. The President at Ku is still not completely sold yet, but he is coming around. The Ku Prez doesnt want to give up Big 12 money sooner than he has to, but the Ku Athletic Dept is telling him that Ku will pay a heavy price if the Big East moves on without Ku and then the Big 12 breaks up".

Here is what is going onaccording to my spy -

a) Kansas doesnt want to get left behind in the next reshuffle and is determined to do some advance planning this time and not get caught flat footed like last time.

b) Ku is being told politely by the Big East, that the conference may have to move on without them at some point (as in Villanova, Ucf, and Houston to make 12).

c) Ku very impressed with Big East as potential home for it's basketball program, especially with Big East proving this yr that they are the best hoops conf in America.

d) Ku, Kansas St, and Missouri would also have to be part of a "package deal" to the Big East, which would make 12. Villanova and Ucf would make 14 or if the Big 12 imploded, Okie St and Ucf would make 14.

e) 4 teams would be booted out of the Big East in basketball immediately if Ku, Ksu, and Mu joined (Providence, Seton Hall, Marquette, and Depaul).

f) 2 more teams "might" be booted out later, but also might possibly survive to play "basketball only" in the Big East (Georgetown and St John's).If Big 12 imploded and Big East went to 14 members, Georgetown and St John's might still stay, making 14 for football and 16 for basketball.

g) Notre Dame would be finally given an ultimatum from the Big East to join in football or quit in basketball. ND may not want to leave Big East as much as some believe.

h) Notre Dame would have a far better chance at a Bcs Bowl bid each year in the Big East than it would in the Big 10. ND staying in Big East isnt out of the question, and ND dearly loves the Big East in basketball.ND may consider Big East in all sports.

i) Tcu makes 9 in Big East.Ku, Ksu, and Missou make 12.Dont be fooled by the talk of Nova to the Big East. It is rumored to be a power play and pressure tactic by Big East on Ku.

j) Ku has their ears to the ground now and is hearing that over 80% of A&M fans want to go to the SEC.May not happen immediately but Ku folks think it is inevitable at some point in the near or intermediate future, which will collapse the Big 12.

k) If A&M leaves first (they have an open invitation to SEC) Oklahoma goes with them (Ou has open invite to SEC also).

l) If A&M and Okla leave, Ku will be gone the next day, as will Ksu and Mu.Texas will go to the Pac 10, or more likely will go indy.

m) All that will be left in Big 12 will be Okie St, TTech, Iowa St and Baylor.Baylor and TTech will get likely get an invite to Mtn West Conf.Iowa St is not likely to get invite to Mtn West.Big East might take two more (Okie St and Ucf).

n) Conf Usa will likely take Iowa St.

o) Ku is getting itchy and is also very irritated with Longhorns.Nothing concrete but talks between Ku and Big East are still happening. This isnt over yet.

tetonfrog

I realize nobody is interested and will prefer to slam the OP, but who cares.&nbsp;&nbsp;I will put out the post I saw, and you can read it or not.
This isnt over yet.

You are a clueless fool who smells like a [ Finebaum ].

KU might not love Texas, but the Jayhawks love those big TV contracts. When the Big East can match the money, KU would jump at it. Until then, shut up. Pulling a post off the Mizzou board (that you probably wrote yourself) and presenting it here as the gospel is awful and it stinks.

In summation,

A) KU recruits the state of Texas hard. That is Gill's emphasis. He said it at his into press conference and spent a lot of time down there recruiting. Why schedule fewer games in your recruiting backyard?

B) Why would KU leave the Big 12 to take a smaller TV contract with the Big East?

C) Why would the Big East want KU? Football and baseball are bad (they celebrated taking 1 of 3 against the Frogs). Jayhawk basketball is very good, but why does the Big East need to strengthen hoops?

D? You have the intellect of a 2-year-old.

The correct answer is D. Stop smoking crack. You'll sleep better. :tongue:

AggieAngst

May or may not be happening but make no mistake that Ku is keepin their options open. My responses below in RED -

quote name='tetonfrog' timestamp='1299399208' post='792187']
You are a clueless fool who smells like a [ Finebaum ].
YOUR POSTS ARE NOT VERY ENLIGHTENING NOR VERY INFORMED.

KU might not love Texas, but the Jayhawks love those big TV contracts. When the Big East can match the money, KU would jump at it. Until then, shut up. Pulling a post off the Mizzou board (that you probably wrote yourself) and presenting it here as the gospel is awful and it stinks.

In summation,

A) KU recruits the state of Texas hard. That is Gill's emphasis. He said it at his into press conference and spent a lot of time down there recruiting. Why schedule fewer games in your recruiting backyard?
ARE YOU FRIGGIN SERIOUS ? KU RECRUITS TEXAS ABOUT AS WELL AS RICE DOES !!! HILARIOUS COMMENT !! TEXAS IS NOW MAGICALLY "KANSAS's BACKYARD" IN RECRUITING - ACCORDING TO YOU? HILARIOUS !!

B) Why would KU leave the Big 12 to take a smaller TV contract with the Big East?
THEY WILL HAVE NOTHING AFTER A&M LEAVES, AND MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. A&M WILL LEAVE AT SOME POINT. THEIR FANS ARE OVERWHELMINGLY IN FAVOR OF LEAVING. IT WILL HAPPEN EVENTUALLY.

C) Why would the Big East want KU? Football and baseball are bad (they celebrated taking 1 of 3 against the Frogs). Jayhawk basketball is very good, but why does the Big East need to strengthen hoops?
BIG EAST BECOMES STRONGER WITH KU, KSU AND MU. NO QUESTION ABOUT IT. EVEN IN FOOTBALL THE BIG EAST GETS BETTER WITH THOSE 3. OF COURSE THE BIG EAST IS INTERESTED !! WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON? THE BIG EAST HAS TO EXPAND. THEY CANT STAY AT 9 MEMBERS !! VILLANOVA AND UCF ARE BETTER ADDITIONS THAN KU, KSU, AND MU?

D? You have the intellect of a 2-year-old.
YOU SOUND LIKE A TEENAGE GIRL WITH THOSE KIND OF COMMENTS. GEEEZ !!

The correct answer is D. Stop smoking crack. You'll sleep better. :tongue:
[/quote]

frogman

Whorns may be crappin in their pants .Greed is the ultimate destroyer of a happy kingdom.they had it good till the ultimate greed took over.Last years 5/7 is not a mild cold that they will get over quickly.It more smells and acts like bigger desease.keep our eyes open Fun is just starting

These cycles last a few years .our last big down cycle lasted 40 years.Good luck Horns.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Anyone doubt teabag made the original post in the MU board under one of his many handles, then counter-argued with himself under a different handle, then went and began spreading this across multiple sports message boards?

Gunner

It might happen, but alot of that argument is weak. First of all, why on earth would the Aggies want to play in the SEC. They have struggled 90% of the time playing OU and Texas, despite last year. The Big 12 is weaker now than it has ever been, just look at the Cotton Bowl. Ags beat OU and Texas last year and couldn't even begin to handle a mid level SEC bunch. Lost big to Georgia the year before in Shreveport.

Just seems like a stupid point to say Ags want the SEC.

boonecountyman

I don't believe the Big East is quite desperate enough to kick out 4 and possible 6 members to make way for KU,KSU and MISSOURI.This is nothing more than a joke or plain B.S.

AggieAngst

You are correct that Notre Dame is not likely to join the Big East for football. The point the blogger was making however, was that there isnt an overwhelming advantage for ND to join the Big10 over the Big East, either. Especially when you factor in the fact that it would be easier for ND to make it to a Bcs Bowl Game in the Big East, and ND really loves the Big East for basketball and does not want to leave the Big East in all its other sports.

The other point he was trying to make is that if KU, KSU, and Mizzou join the Big East, then he has heard that ND will finally get that ultimatum to join or leave. The Big East cannot have 22 members for basketball. At some point, if the Big East is able to gain significant strength ( i.e. - by adding KU, KSU, and MU), and the Big East is sitting there with over 20 basketball members, then ND will get the word from the Big East that it is time to decide.

ND probably goes Indy at that point, however, if they do decide to join a conf, it isnt the foregone conclusion that some people think it is, that the Big 10 will be their decision.

If ND ever does make the decision to join a conf, the Big East has almost as good a shot at getting ND as the Big 10 does, due to being the best college basketball conf in the nation, and the increased chance ND would have to go to Bcs Bowl games regularly.

He never said ND is likely to join the Big East. Only that if they do join a conf, the Big East has as good a chance at them as any other conf, in the unlikely event they do choose to join a conference.

And in any event, if KU, KSU, and MU join the Big East, who really needs ND anymore? They arent that good at football, their basketball isnt so good that KU, KSU and MU cant replace them easily in that sport, and they wouldnt be needed by the Big East anymore, just for basketball and other sports. It would be time for the Big East to give them the choice to join or leave.

They most likely leave to be Indy, but if they do decide it is finally time to join a conf, the Big East has a genuine shot to get ND in all sports. The same shot that the Big 10 has.
And no other conf has any shot at all at getting ND, for football, except the Big 10 and Big East.

Some of this might have made sense until it was mentioned that Notre Dame might consider joining the Big East in football...

HFrog1999

Teabag, if you spent more time on personal hygiene or mixed in a salad every once in a while, you may be able to find some member of the opposite sex (or same if that's what you're into) that would be willing to spend some time with you. That way you'd have something better to do than invent dozens of internet personas and try to stir up people on college fan messageboards.

AggieAngst

I think you missed the part where Aggie fans were polled and over 80% want the SEC. Aggot fans flooded the Aggie ADs office with angry E-Mails after the Aggot AD made the decision to stay in the Big 12.

I think you also missed the part whereby Aggot fans are also irritated that Longhorns now are clearly superior to the Aggots, in total dollars and income, in the Big 12, and always will be. That doesnt go over well in College Station at all.

You also may have missed the fact that the SEC publicly stated that Oklahoma and A&M have open invitations to join the SEC. The money is much much better in the SEC than in the Big 12, by the way !

And you also may have missed the fact that Lsu is pushing hard for A&M to join the SEC, and has done so for many years.

But the bottom line is that Aggot fans are very dissatisfied in the Big 12 now and that discontent is getting larger, not smaller.

With that kind of underlying discontent by that many fans, the move to the SEC is inevitable.
It might happen, but alot of that argument is weak. First of all, why on earth would the Aggies want to play in the SEC. They have struggled 90% of the time playing OU and Texas, despite last year. The Big 12 is weaker now than it has ever been, just look at the Cotton Bowl. Ags beat OU and Texas last year and couldn't even begin to handle a mid level SEC bunch. Lost big to Georgia the year before in Shreveport.

Just seems like a stupid point to say Ags want the SEC.