• The KillerFrogs

RUMOR about the WR thingie with DW

AggieAngst

Only one slot remaining for WR.

Here is the RUMOR:
(and some of you yahoos on this board who enjoy picking apart anything anyone says - please feel free because I admit I have no facts on this one and it is just something I heard - so FIRE AWAY !! I will agree wholeheartedly that I have no facts on this one)

1) Tcu is looking far and wide for OLinemen and is not happy with the talent still available in this State.

2) However, Tcu has not totally given up on OLinemen (yet). They are still targeting three Tier 1 or Tier 2 OLinemen for this class. LUTUI (offensive guard) will be one of them (he just got an offer from UCLA yesterday). Two more OL (offensive tackles) are still being targeted for this class (for now).

3) Tcu is looking at one possible de-commit for OT and an out of state uncommitted OT for a total of 2.

4) McNEAL (safety) and LAWRY (CB) are looking pretty good as of this date, even though McNEAL recently visited Okie St (by himself) and they both are at Kansas this wkend. Tcu still the favorite and these two want to go as a "package deal". So they would take 2 slots.

5) Tcu currently has 12 commits, and will take a total of 18 this year.

6) Two (McNEAL and LAWRY), and three more (3 OLinemen) = 17

8) Tcu is also determined to get (ONE) LB in this class ( out of - Devall / Santos / Nance / or AJ Hilliard) = 18

^^^^^RUMOR^^^^^^

The class is (or will be) FULL even without another WR. With another WR (like Wheeler), there is a problem. How does Tcu go to 19, with only 17 spots available (18 if some kind of "magic trick" is performed by the staff). 19 is virtually "un-doable", but the staff might try if the guy is just too overwhelming in every area to pass up. Wheeler didnt qualify "in every area", and even though a fabulous talent, the staff didnt feel he quite met the extremely high criteria that it would take for the staff to stick their neck waaaay waaaay out for a "19".

However, there may still be a guy out there who is worth the very risky stretch to "19", and the staff is rumored to have quit decided the WR in question wasnt worth "19" and they quit calling him, but the rest of the rumor is that there is another WR out there who does excite them to maybe stretch to "19", and that WR has perhaps given Tcu reason to believe he may come to FrogLand, so they dropped DW.

The rumor also supposes that Tcu feels confident about getting their 3 OLinemen this year, and their one LB, along with McNEAL and LAWRY. The staff must be getting some very good vibes from some of the kids they want or else DW would not have gotten away to Tech.

That is the rumor.

Now here is my guess from "reading between the lines" (opinion) -

OL recruiting out of state is going well and the staff has a out of state duck lined up for OT

OL recruiting for a possible de-commit from another college is going well and the staff has that duck lined up also for the # 2 OT

LUTUI is the 3rd OL (offensive guard) and the staff feels confident about getting him, even though he may progress to Tier 1 OL from his current Tier 2 OL rating

I'm guessing LB recruiting is going very well and staff has one of their 4 ducks on the pond ready to go (hopefully its DEVALL)

I'm guessing McNEAL and LAWRY are looking good for Tcu

I'm also guessing that there is another 4 star WR or a 5 star "ATHLETE" who has had a change of heart (just prior to Wheeler's commitment) and now favors Tcu (which is why Tcu may have re-evaluated the risk factor of taking DW and decided to drop him)

Again - all of this is just rumor. We shall see soon if there is any substance to this. I think there is because there is no logical explanation I have heard yet why Wheeler all of a sudden did a 180 and chose TTech. All of this makes even more sense if you add in the FACT that UT, OU, A&M, AUBURN and OKIE ST all pulled their offers or refused to offer him. My opinion is that Tcu quit calling him a while back, or pulled the offer also.

Now fire away. I admit this is conjecture and rumor.....but it does make sense.

AggieAngst

I admit it is a very wild thought, but Im thinking AGHOLOR (or some other highly rated - high character WR) has said something to the Tcu coaches and said it when he thought WHEELER might take his WR spot.

WHEELER has tons of baggage so if AGHOLOR (or whoever the new WR target is) said anything encouraging at all to the Frog coaches, I am guessing that maybe the coaches dropped WHEELER (as hard as it may be to wrap your brain around that) cuz the Coaches simply cannot take 2 more WRs in this class.

It is a very wild notion to even think of Tcu having any chance at all to get AGHOLOR, however Tcu is in the top 8 and Ohio St was eliminated from his top 8 a month ago, making just 7. It is also rumored that he wants to leave the state of Florida, which would eliminate 2 more. It is also being reported that he is very desirous of a religious school if possible (he is very religious). He is also a very high character kid.

If I was a Coach I would also drop Wheeler for Agholor any day of the week and twice on Sunday !!

I do NOT know if this is actually what is going down, with AGHOLOR, however, something is going on behind the scenes that is very suspiciously interesting.

STAY TUNED !!

(and to re-iterate for the NUTCASES here on this board - I did NOT say Tcu is getting AGHOLOR !! All I said was that something "very interesting" is going on behind the scenes)

West Coast Johnny

Angst, congradulations on your troll-a-palooza on the Tech board yesterday. Its because of you that we are eating all these [ Finebaum ]s from the Sand-Aggies. Thank you.

Your newest post sets the standard for an internet-tough guy shooting his mouth off with a mixture of innuendo, rumors you have trolled for on the internet, rumors that you created yourself, with a smidgen of reason thrown on top to make it all specutacularly plausible, in a desperate defense lawyer sort of way.

Agholor? Give me a friggin break? Hang on one second while I take this bong hit. Oh yes, I can see it now! We didn't get Wheeler because we really didn't want him. He has these mysterious unreported attitude and discipline issues and after all, the coaches must have back-burnered him because we got Agholor all lined up. Its funny, because you didn't even mention his name in your original post, but led to another poster jumping to that conclusion, nice job. Your rumor mongoring takes away from the fact that Agholor has visited TCU, and from what I know, he seems to have the inteligence to give TCU an honest evaluation. But to suggest that Agholor is in TCU's grand scheme of things is just stupid.

Oh, and by the way, you are confusing Travis Blanks with Agholor - ITS BLANKS THAT HAD US IN HIS TOP EIGHT - NOT AGHOLOR. I'm using caps because the only way to deal with a blow-hard is by shouting just as loud as him. You know, travis blanks who committed to Clemson and got a brand new camaro to drive around in?

Regarding Offensive Tackle - I'm thinking out of state as well, as its obvious that Williamson & Patterson aren't impressed with the available talent at the possition in Texas. 50 of the 80 ranked offensive tackles are available.

As for the other recruits that you name, Devall, Lutui, Mcneil, Santos, Lawrie, etc. I frankly don't have a good feeling about any of them. Devall in particular seems to be a massive long shot at this point.

maximilian

Angst, congradulations on your troll-a-palooza on the Tech board yesterday. Its because of you that we are eating all these [ Finebaum ]s from the Sand-Aggies. Thank you.

Your newest post sets the standard for an internet-tough guy shooting his mouth off with a mixture of innuendo, rumors you have trolled for on the internet, rumors that you created yourself, with a smidgen of reason thrown on top to make it all specutacularly plausible, in a desperate defense lawyer sort of way.

Agholor? Give me a friggin break? Hang on one second while I take this bong hit. Oh yes, I can see it now! We didn't get Wheeler because we really didn't want him. He has these mysterious unreported attitude and discipline issues and after all, the coaches must have back-burnered him because we got Agholor all lined up. Its funny, because you didn't even mention his name in your original post, but led to another poster jumping to that conclusion, nice job. Your rumor mongoring takes away from the fact that Agholor has visited TCU, and from what I know, he seems to have the inteligence to give TCU an honest evaluation. But to suggest that Agholor is in TCU's grand scheme of things is just stupid.

Oh, and by the way, you are confusing Travis Blanks with Agholor - ITS BLANKS THAT HAD US IN HIS TOP EIGHT - NOT AGHOLOR. I'm using caps because the only way to deal with a blow-hard is by shouting just as loud as him. You know, travis blanks who committed to Clemson and got a brand new camaro to drive around in?

Regarding Offensive Tackle - I'm thinking out of state as well, as its obvious that Williamson & Patterson aren't impressed with the available talent at the possition in Texas. 50 of the 80 ranked offensive tackles are available.

As for the other recruits that you name, Devall, Lutui, Mcneil, Santos, Lawrie, etc. I frankly don't have a good feeling about any of them. Devall in particular seems to be a massive long shot at this point.

Why don't you have a good feeling about McNeil and Lawry? They said they've wanted to play together in college (we've offered both), they've both been by campus multiple times, McNeil himself has said that TCU "is like coming home", and we have spots for them at safety and corner, or WR potentially if Lawry wants to give offense a shot. We're definitely in the running for both.

West Coast Johnny

Why don't you have a good feeling about McNeil and Lawry? They said they've wanted to play together in college (we've offered both), they've both been by campus multiple times, McNeil himself has said that TCU "is like coming home", and we have spots for them at safety and corner, or WR potentially if Lawry wants to give offense a shot. We're definitely in the running for both.

I don't know. Its just that when I find what I'm looking for, I stop looking. I don't have any inside information on them.

AggieAngst

As you discovered Mr WEST COAST has no clue whatsoever what is talking about !! You called his bluff and he admitted he is clueless.

Actually:

Tcu has the best shot of any college for McNEAL and LAWRIE (at this one moment in time Tcu is the leader for both of them - but of course that could change)

the DEVALL situation has changed in the last few days. That is all I will say. The SANTOS situation is very interesting as well, but A&M is muddying those waters very well. Nance also very much in the mix also. LB recruiting is very very interesting.

And regardless of what the MORON - Mr West Coast - says, Agholor has narrowed his choices to 7 or 8, and Tcu is still in that mix. Not saying Tcu will get Agholor, but something is brewing for the final WR slot.

The OL recruiting was torn all the way back down to its foundation and they are trying to go back to square one and start all over again by tossing out all their former preference lists and starting all over again with new research, new recruiting strategies and new evaluations of kids all over the nation instead of primarily in the State of Texas. OG Lutui seems like a lock for one of the 3 OL spots (offensive guard), which would leave two more OL slots remaining and they will both be filled by OT's (offensive tackles). Lutui is currently a Tier 2 OL but has the potential to become Tier 1 this coming Fall. Tcu really needs to get his commitment - soon !! Offensive Tackle recruiting has been going very badly this year for some unknown reason and the staff is now scouring the nation for one good one. The staff also thinks they may be able to find a current commit to another college who might de-commit and join the Frogs, which would give Tcu the two OTs they need.

And.....YES.....I do believe Tcu Coaches dropped WHEELER and quit calling him. UT did. OU did. OSU did. and A&M did. I believe Tcu did also. WR is a very very low need area for Tcu after the athletes that Tcu has already gotten last yr and this yr (WR Ladarious Brown, WR Brandon Carter, WR Porter, WR White, WR Bush, WR Grant, WR Listenbee, WR Linwood, added to soph All American WR Boyce).

I think if any character issues popped up with a WR (even if he has 4 stars), I think PATTERSON would walk away no matter how talented the kid is. TTech (and Baylor) on the other hand are pathetic teams and cannot afford to walk away from 4 star recruits even if they do have issues (which is why Baylor and TTech currently have the highest attrition rates for football players than any other Bcs Conf school in the nation).

Baylor and TTech as a matter of fact are very similar laughingstock teams lately. TTech has fallen all the way down to Baylor's level these days and even finished BELOW Baylor (if that is even possible) in Big 12 South standings last season !!!! Yikes !!

Now you see why Baylor and TTech "partnered" with each other and are now LIttle 12 "Bobbsy-twinsies" as they are now linked together and partnered together for their annual keystone cops, slapstick, clown act football game in Dallas each year. That game gets uproarious laughter across the nation and is now known as the most bumbling, stumbling comedy football game of the year as fans across the nation fall off their stools in bars all over the country at the side splitting incompetence of two "twinsies partner laughingstock teams" who both POOP the field against each other in total incompetence !! It is the highlight game of the year for Tcu fans to watch such comedic bumbling and stumbling. Tcu fans would miss that classic laughingstock comedy game each year between those two twinsies.

TTech has fallen hard and fallen far !!!! When your team is "partnering" with Baylor, finishing below them in the standings, and allowing them to play you close each year in a laughingstock slapsitck comedy of errors annual game, and barely beating the most pathetic team college football, while fans across the nation guffaw at just the names "BAYLOR and TTECH", you need to quit playing football because something has gone horribly wrong with your program if you are partnered with those losers and lumped in with the Gaylor TeddyBears !! Egads !!
Ah ok. Everything I've read so far indicates they'll decide by August or around when school starts, so we should know sooner rather than later with them.

West Coast Johnny

As you discovered Mr WEST COAST has no clue whatsoever what is talking about !! You called his bluff and he admitted he is clueless.

Actually:

Tcu has the best shot of any college for McNEAL and LAWRIE (at this one moment in time Tcu is the leader for both of them - but of course that could change)

the DEVALL situation has changed in the last few days. That is all I will say. The SANTOS situation is very interesting as well, but A&M is muddying those waters very well. Nance also very much in the mix also. LB recruiting is very very interesting.

And regardless of what the MORON - Mr West Coast - says, Agholor has narrowed his choices to 7 or 8, and Tcu is still in that mix. Not saying Tcu will get Agholor, but something is brewing for the final WR slot.

The OL recruiting was torn all the way back down to its foundation and they are trying to go back to square one and start all over again by tossing out all their former preference lists and starting all over again with new research, new recruiting strategies and new evaluations of kids all over the nation instead of primarily in the State of Texas. OG Lutui seems like a lock for one of the 3 OL spots (offensive guard), which would leave two more OL slots remaining and they will both be filled by OT's (offensive tackles). Lutui is currently a Tier 2 OL but has the potential to become Tier 1 this coming Fall. Tcu really needs to get his commitment - soon !! Offensive Tackle recruiting has been going very badly this year for some unknown reason and the staff is now scouring the nation for one good one. The staff also thinks they may be able to find a current commit to another college who might de-commit and join the Frogs, which would give Tcu the two OTs they need.

And.....YES.....I do believe Tcu Coaches dropped WHEELER and quit calling him. UT did. OU did. OSU did. and A&M did. I believe Tcu did also. WR is a very very low need area for Tcu after the athletes that Tcu has already gotten last yr and this yr (WR Ladarious Brown, WR Brandon Carter, WR Porter, WR White, WR Bush, WR Grant, WR Listenbee, WR Linwood, added to soph All American WR Boyce).

I think if any character issues popped up with a WR (even if he has 4 stars), I think PATTERSON would walk away no matter how talented the kid is. TTech (and Baylor) on the other hand are pathetic teams and cannot afford to walk away from 4 star recruits even if they do have issues (which is why Baylor and TTech currently have the highest attrition rates for football players than any other Bcs Conf school in the nation).

Baylor and TTech as a matter of fact are very similar laughingstock teams lately. TTech has fallen all the way down to Baylor's level these days and even finished BELOW Baylor (if that is even possible) in Big 12 South standings last season !!!! Yikes !!

Now you see why Baylor and TTech "partnered" with each other and are now LIttle 12 "Bobbsy-twinsies" as they are now linked together and partnered together for their annual keystone cops, slapstick, clown act football game in Dallas each year. That game gets uproarious laughter across the nation and is now known as the most bumbling, stumbling comedy football game of the year as fans across the nation fall off their stools in bars all over the country at the side splitting incompetence of two "twinsies partner laughingstock teams" who both POOP the field against each other in total incompetence !! It is the highlight game of the year for Tcu fans to watch such comedic bumbling and stumbling. Tcu fans would miss that classic laughingstock comedy game each year between those two twinsies.

TTech has fallen hard and fallen far !!!! When your team is "partnering" with Baylor, finishing below them in the standings, and allowing them to play you close each year in a laughingstock slapsitck comedy of errors annual game, and barely beating the most pathetic team college football, while fans across the nation guffaw at just the names "BAYLOR and TTECH", you need to quit playing football because something has gone horribly wrong with your program if you are partnered with those losers and lumped in with the Gaylor TeddyBears !! Egads !!
Admit it Angst, you don't know your Blanks from your Agholors. This is just the same crap you posted last week. Congradulations on learning how to use the cut & paste function. As Rivals reported dumbazzz, Travis Blanks official top 8 - no order: Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, TCU, Ohio State, LSU, and Miami.

AggieAngst

BLANKS aint comin to Tcu !! He commited to Clem. He will visit in July (maybe - or what I am hearing - maybe not).

Try to keep up. BLANKS is off the board and has been off the board for a month now.

Pull up yer pampers and try to keep up !!

Happy Fathers Day !! Have a wonderful and blessed and joyous weekend !! This is a joyous day !!!

HAVE FUN LIKE ME !!!!

Admit it Angst, you don't know your Blanks from your Agholors. This is just the same crap you posted last week. Congradulations on learning how to use the cut & paste function. As Rivals reported dumbazzz, Travis Blanks official top 8 - no order: Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, TCU, Ohio State, LSU, and Miami.

West Coast Johnny

It is a very wild notion to even think of Tcu having any chance at all to get AGHOLOR, however Tcu is in the top 8 and Ohio St was eliminated from his top 8 a month ago, making just 7. It is also rumored that he wants to leave the state of Florida, which would eliminate 2 more. It is also being reported that he is very desirous of a religious school if possible (he is very religious). He is also a very high character kid.

LoL - you got Blanks & Agholor mixed up idiot.

Stiff Arm Frog

I move we come up with a new name for AggieAngst so that we can identify him by that, rather one of his several handles.

I notice "douchnozzle" hasn't been Craig James'd yet. All in favor of "douchnozzle"?