• The KillerFrogs

Rose Bowl TCU vs Wisky Tues 6-28-11 7 pm ESPNU

weklfrog

This. In spite of how well Wiscy's running game went on that last drive, 3 yards in one particular play is still never a guarantee!
and it a lot tougher to get 3 yards to the endzone than it is in the middle of the field when the defense is spread out more. CGP has stated that the defense sold out for the run on that play so in theory if not execution the pass play was a good call.

angelo's frog

That's impossible. Read any Wisky fan's comments anywhere on the Internet and you'll find they gained a minimum of 5 to 6 yards every single time they ran the ball.

I await your apology, sir. :laugh:

:laugh:

They also forget the number of times we stuffed them plenty of times on second or third down earlier in the game. That was really their only good drive of the 2nd half. Here are their second half drives:

11:56305:23WIS 91050Punt02:03301:43WIS 339Punt13:13402:29WIS 10610Punt07:32405:32WIS 231077Rushing Touchdown

So, their last two drives before the final one netted them 19 yards.

Houston Frog

Although Wiscy's last drive was impressive -- 77 yards, 10 plays, 5:25 elapsed time -- the fact that they had virtually no quick strike capability required them to eat valuable clock time that did not give them another opportunity. Even in the drive, they got 34 of the 77 yards in the first two plays. After that, it took them 8 plays (only 1 pass play that went for 10 yards) and 4:24 to score from the TCU 33. The last 7 running plays in the drive netted 23 yards for under a 3.3 ypc average.

Wisconsin called that drive under the assumption that they would get the 2 point conversion. Because of that, they were trying to run down the clock as far as they could in order to give the TCU offense as little time as possible to drive down the field and answer.

ricksterh

Wisconsin called that drive under the assumption that they would get the 2 point conversion. Because of that, they were trying to run down the clock as far as they could in order to give the TCU offense as little time as possible to drive down the field and answer.

When the Badgers scored as I remember there were 2:00 left on the clock when they kicked off and the Frogs had 2 timeouts. Does anybody else agree with me that if Wiscky tied the game the Frogs would have scored either a td or a field goal to win the game in regulation?

I say Kerley gets a good runback out to somewhere around mid field or atleast past our 35 yardline. With two timeouts and two minutes I say Dalton moves the ball down field using out passes and the Frogs either stick in in the endzone or kick a field goal at the end to win? :biggrin:

Frog DJ

When the Badgers scored as I remember there were 2:00 left on the clock when they kicked off and the Frogs had 2 timeouts. Does anybody else agree with me that if Wiscky tied the game the Frogs would have scored either a td or a field goal to win the game in regulation?

I say Kerley gets a good runback out to somewhere around mid field or atleast past our 35 yardline. With two timeouts and two minutes I say Dalton moves the ball down field using out passes and the Frogs either stick in in the endzone or kick a field goal at the end to win? :biggrin:
I say, "I like the way you think."

Go Frogs!