• The KillerFrogs

RIP Franco Harris

froginmn

Not TCU related so sorry that's it's a little OT.

Sad as it's three days prior to a planned jersey retirement and two days before the fiftieth anniversary of one of the most famous plays ever.

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
We were on a flight to Pittsburgh with him and I hustled off the plane and asked for his autograph, which he gave me. I'm sure that he had heard everything I said to him at least 100 times but he was very gracious.
As a Steelers fan this hurts.

tcudoc

We were on a flight to Pittsburgh with him and I hustled off the plane and asked for his autograph, which he gave me. I'm sure that he had heard everything I said to him at least 100 times but he was very gracious.
As a Steelers fan this hurts.
I grew up Cowboys fan. Even as a Cowboys fan, a very sad moment. Tons of respect for all of the players in those Steelers teams, but especially Franco.

HornyWartyToad

I hated him as a player because those Steelers teams were the nemesis of my Oilers, and specifically Franco vs. Bad Earl. Franco played like a 230-lb ballerina and dodged contact, whereas Earl sought out mayhem and inflicted punishment.
All that said, he seemed like a really good dude, and I especially appreciate how he made a point to hold PSU(his alma mater) to account during the Sandusky scandal and after. Solid human being, and in the final analysis not sure what else really matters.

HornyWartyToad

Franco and Rocky Bleier made for quite a backfield.
Not sure if it exists on the inter webs but there was a great long-form piece(cover story) that SI did, back when SI was it for sports journalism, on Rocky's story as a Viet Nam soldier. Wounded so badly made it sound like it was something of a miracle he even survived and could walk, much less play ball at such a high level. Little dude too, but tough as a 2-dollar steak.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Not sure if it exists on the inter webs but there was a great long-form piece(cover story) that SI did, back when SI was it for sports journalism, on Rocky's story as a Viet Nam soldier. Wounded so badly made it sound like it was something of a miracle he even survived and could walk, much less play ball at such a high level. Little dude too, but tough as a 2-dollar steak.
Had third of one foot missing from a VC mine.

Told my wife he had a foot and a half and she said,

Yummy GIF

Meme Reaction GIF by Travis

Last edited: