• The KillerFrogs

RIP David Stern

froginmn

larry bird and magic johnson along with the other celtics and lakers did far, far more to save the nba than stern.

heck, under stern we got pistons basketball that was damn near unwatchable
Interesting take but when he was Exec VP they introduced drug testing and salary cap. The league was at a huge crossroads and the game was on the verge of becoming irrelevant.

Of course the arrival of Jordan and others energized things but you're ignoring the role of the guy who was in charge of the league during a very tenuous time.

Wexahu

Interesting take but when he was Exec VP they introduced drug testing and salary cap. The league was at a huge crossroads and the game was on the verge of becoming irrelevant.

Of course the arrival of Jordan and others energized things but you're ignoring the role of the guy who was in charge of the league during a very tenuous time.

Might have been a great commissioner but man, did he come across as an arrogant, smarmy [ Arschloch]. In before the it takes one to know one jokes.

Eight

none of that matters if no one wants to watch the product on television

as a kid growing up in the. dallas area i can recall channel 4 broadcasting nba. final games tape delayed after the 10:00 pm news on week days.

drug testing and the salary cap didn't get the nba finals into prime time television, but players people wanting to watch sure did

how many people cared about back office negotiations and administrative actions as they did celtics vs lakers.

maybe i was a weird kid with strange friends but our attention was who ran the better fast break and not legal matters and union negotiators

froginmn

none of that matters if no one wants to watch the product on television

as a kid growing up in the. dallas area i can recall channel 4 broadcasting nba. final games tape delayed after the 10:00 pm news on week days.

drug testing and the salary cap didn't get the nba finals into prime time television, but players people wanting to watch sure did

how many people cared about back office negotiations and administrative actions as they did celtics vs lakers.

maybe i was a weird kid with strange friends but our attention was who ran the better fast break and not legal matters and union negotiators
I'm ok with agreeing to disagree.