• The KillerFrogs

"RHP Traver vs. LHP Person for Thursday"?

Boykin4Prez said:
It's not the lefties it's that the umps call obvious balls strikes. I mean when the catcher is shifting to the side to catch it's not a strike no way no how
You are such a beating. I feel sorry for your parents, while at the same time, am angry at them for raising such a vag.

ThisIsOurTime

Alright, now it is on Schloss to shake things up with the lineup since he knows it will be another lefty throwing.  Would like to see Barzilli in there for Brown and maybe Williams in for Steinhagen.  If they change pitchers to a righty later in the game, TCU could opt to bring Steinhagen and/or Brown off the bench.  But TCU has to do something to generate more offense from that grouping of Fagnan, Brown and Steinhagen.  The best solution seems to be make some changes unless this would create serious defensive problems for us.  

Bob

Young and Horned said:
Looking at their pitchers, imagine we will probably see the following two pitchers tomorrow as well (if not hurt):

Parker Bugg     1.80   1-2   35 innings   .180 BA against   22 Hs   13 BBs   35 Ks   3 WPs   2 HBPs
Austin Bain       3.54   2-2   53 innings   .213 BA against   43 Hs   21 BBs   55 Ks   4 WPs   3 HBPs
We ain't afraid of no Buggs.  And, we certainly ain't afraid of no Austins.

Punter1

PurplFrawg said:
that's why they shift way forward in the batter's box, according to the ESPN softball expert
Oh yea...that stupid [ hundin]...all moving way forward does is make a 90 mph fastball a 94 mph fastball.

Look at the guys on the bigs...ALL their back feet are wearing out the back of the box chalk.

Young and Horned

Pharm Frog said:

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to learn they chose their starting pitcher to just see if we'd change our lineup knowing it would only be one time through the order with the starter.
One time through the line up in the first inning!

Lets go Frogs!

Young and Horned

Boykin4Prez said:

I'm sorry that you think the strike zone is 10 feet wide.
pretty sure there is more to it than for the catcher to move outside, he is expecting the pitch to be a ball. Maybe some times but not every time.

blakespop

Mr. Bain is quoted "it's going to be nice to put TCU out of the tournament". Man, I'm not sure I'd be going that far if I'd just gotten my teeth kicked in. I get they're confident but that's asking for bad juju.

TCUWIN

This is crazy. They are going to start a guy that is averaging less than an inning a game pitched? Just because he is left handed? Do they not have another legit starter that is right handed?

Realtorfrog

TCUWIN said:
This is crazy. They are going to start a guy that is averaging less than an inning a game pitched? Just because he is left handed? Do they not have another legit starter that is right handed?
Guys on the radio this afternoon saying they considered starting Poshe' again....not a very deep starting staff

Purp

ThisIsOurTime said:
Alright, now it is on Schloss to shake things up with the lineup since he knows it will be another lefty throwing.  Would like to see Barzilli in there for Brown and maybe Williams in for Steinhagen.  If they change pitchers to a righty later in the game, TCU could opt to bring Steinhagen and/or Brown off the bench.  But TCU has to do something to generate more offense from that grouping of Fagnan, Brown and Steinhagen.  The best solution seems to be make some changes unless this would create serious defensive problems for us.  
Steinhagen bats righty. Williams bats lefty. Don't change the lineup. Dance with the one who brung you.

Pharm Frog

ThisIsOurTime said:

Gonna play Barzilli in the outfield or are you gonna let Traver bat?  And do you realize that Williams is a lefty and Steinhagen is a rightie?  And Fagnan, Steinhagen, and Brown aren't "grouped" at all.  In fact, they are about as spaced out as you can get them.

TCUdirtbag

ThisIsOurTime said:

As said earlier in this thread, you don't shake up a lineup because they named a starter that's going to pitch no more than 4 innings--and probably only 2-3. 

They're likely to throw at least 3, and probably 5+ different pitchers tomorrow. Some will be lefties, some will be righties.

TCUdirtbag

People do realize Traver's ERA is 1.60, right? One point sixIn 13 starts and 73 innings! He was nails against A&M last Monday night in extras. And we've got our entire pen to back him up. LSU struggled against our righty on Saturday. This call seems like a no-brainer to me. 

OICU812

Frognosticator said:
You are such a beating. I feel sorry for your parents, while at the same time, am angry at them for raising such a vag.
That seems unnecessarily mean-spirited, and also, really funny.

TCUdirtbag said:
People do realize Traver's ERA is 1.60, right? One point sixIn 13 starts and 73 innings! He was nails against A&M last Monday night in extras. And we've got our entire pen to back him up. LSU struggled against our righty on Saturday. This call seems like a no-brainer to me. 

Agree.  Seems like the only call to make going with Traver against LSU.  Really, really plus stuff when he's consistently around the strike zone.

TCUdirtbag said:
I was quietly hoping Traver would get the start. I hope that isn't a jinx