• The KillerFrogs

Resolution near on Nevada/Fresno WAC departure

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
http://www.staradver...tion_nears.html

Benson did say negotiations that began Oct. 7 "are progressing" and a resolution on several areas, including payments and dates of departure, "might not be far off." He would not elaborate on the terms being discussed, but it is believed the two breakaway schools would pay significantly less than the $5 million the WAC is seeking.

Stiff Arm Frog

I just hope they'll come over next season. Even without Utah, the MWC with TCU, Boise, Nevada, Fresno, Air Force, and SDSU. . . That's six legit teams right there.

YA

DEAL IS STRUCK!!!

Fresno & Reno $1 mill each to WAC...

all sports except football to MWC in 2011

Football stays in WAC 2011 then move to MWC 2012..

Fresno radio

Fresno saving $40K just in Volleyball travel...

as reported...

BABYFACE

I figured that the Fresno and Nevada in FB wouldn't be till 2012. IF they left in the 2011 season, the WAC most likely ceases to be a conference. The extra year gives Benson time to add replacements so the conference can continue it's existance. However, it would not have upset me too much if the WAC folded because of Benson trying to destroy the MWC with BYU as the lynchpin that would have had Boise remaining in the WAC and SDST and UNLV going to the WAC. That would have been a MWC in 2011 of TCU, AF, Wyoming, CSU, New Mexico.

The more I think of it Fresno and Nevada should tell the WAC to suck it and bring all sprts to the mWC in 2011. The WAC should die because of Benson's actions.

Dogfrog

Biggest problem is we lose Utah and BYU rankings for the current evaluation period (2008-2011), and we don't get to add the Fresno and Nevada rankings for this period. We do pick up the Boise rankings, which is huge, but not quite what it could have been.

geefrogs

Biggest problem is we lose Utah and BYU rankings for the current evaluation period (2008-2011), and we don't get to add the Fresno and Nevada rankings for this period. We do pick up the Boise rankings, which is huge, but not quite what it could have been.

that really sucks. Maybe the MWC can get an exemption of something to include those teams in the process. If not.....hello Big East!
rolleyes.gif

oldscribe

I still think the MWC should merge with the Big East....call it the Big America Conference (BAC) and have east and west divisions.....