• The KillerFrogs

Rent by college

jack the frog

As I recall I paid $300.00 a month for an apartment at Hunters Ridge or Hunters Glen or something in 1983 at what was then the dead end of Overton Ridge Blvd. More or less the same as my drinking budget probably. Likely more development than I recollect but it sure seemed like nothing but open fields and cow pasture between there and Benbrook. Maybe a few pretty nice homes built as far south as Bryant Irvin in those days.

Last edited:

ShadowFrog

Moderators
As I recall I paid $300.00 a month for an apartment at Hunters Ridge or Hunters Glen or something in 1983 at what was then the dead end of Overton Ridge Blvd. More or less the same as my drinking budget probably. Likely more development than I recollect but it sure seemed like nothing but open fields and cow pasture between there and Benbrook. Maybe a few pretty nice homes built as far south as Bryant Irvin went in those days.
BIG growth since then

smufrogger

As I recall I paid $300.00 a month for an apartment at Hunters Ridge or Hunters Glen or something in 1983 at what was then the dead end of Overton Ridge Blvd. More or less the same as my drinking budget probably. Likely more development than I recollect but it sure seemed like nothing but open fields and cow pasture between there and Benbrook. Maybe a few pretty nice homes built as far south as Bryant Irvin in those days.
I paid $300 a month for one bedroom behind the seven eleven on university

alumfrog23

When I lived at Stonegate early 90s for TCU MBA, I think I paid $440/month for a shoebox 1 bedroom apartment. 400 sq ft if I remember correctly.

I just moved the niece into her new 1 bedroom apt in Fort Worth last weekend. She was downsizing from a 2 bedroom she shared in the same complex. Roommate getting married in July. I think she's paying $1700/month. Good Lord!
Moving into a 1-bed in Charlotte. $2000/month

SuperBarrFrog

Me and two buddies paid $780/month (total) from 2002-2004 for a 3 bedroom on Trail Lake just north of I-20.

What’s that neighborhood like now? Still kinda trashy or has it improved?
our 3 bedroom from 2001-2003 at The Westcliffe Manor was only 670 which we broke down by square footage. The guy with master bed and own bath paint 250, think I paid 214, and the other guy paid 204. had t be about the cheapest setup you could have in those days. great memories from that place though.

Paul in uhh

It’s mind blowing that development stopped right there.. my how FW has grown. Now we have neighborhoods popping up to the south of benbrook lake thanks to the toll road and 377

HFrog1999

I really wanted to live at Park Ridge but couldn’t afford it.

Animated GIF