• The KillerFrogs

Reflecting on the NC Game......

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Anyone feel Duggan is an NFL QB after that performance?

Underthrew a WIDE OPEN WR down the left sideline in the 1st qtr., that would have scored if lead in stride.

Overthrew a wide open Q. Johnston later that was picked.

Threw 3 balls in the ground on 5 yard outs toward the sidelines.

Great season and tough kid.... but NOT a pure passer or an NFL QB

arizonafrog12

No, he’s not going to have a serious NFL career. He’s too small, too inconsistent, and doesn’t have great talent that can overcome his shortcomings. But he’ll go make a few hundred thousand aa a scout team QB and then probably enter the ranks of the nameless, faceless coaches of CFB.

Still an all-time great for TCU and we should love him forever

Eight

situation matters a great deal, consider what people might have been writing a year ago at this time about purdy

max might not be him and i doubt he goes above round 4, but the right team takes a flyer on him he could bang out a decent career making some good money

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Max was pressing, hard. He took too much upon himself and played about as tight as I have seen him play. Sadly, each missed pass made him bear down that much more. On a night he needed to be loose and confident, he was neither.

Ultimately, the loss is the fault of the beer distributor at SoFi. I had no Budweiser to choke down, and thus deliver the Frogs from their predicament. Alas, only other beer-like substances were available (for $20 each!), and they availed us not.

TooColdU

Did any of us think Brock Purdy would be a starting NFL QB?

Much less, 6-0 as a starter (1-0 in the playoffs), and is about to lead a favored 49ers team against American's team in the conference semifinals?

I just hope Max gets drafted into a good system with an offensive-minded coach. A coach that can give him some confidence and help him relax on the field.

Max's worst enemy for the entirety of his TCU's career was himself.

Sangria Wine

I’ll say this. I think he made a mistake not getting a big NIL payday and playing another year at TCU. I think he has what it takes to be a long term NFL QB. I’m not sure I believe that’s going to be as a starter though. I think he’s a tick or so below Andy Dalton in NFL measures. Nothing to be ashamed of, but I’m not sure late round NFL money and returning Heisman runner up NIL money are all that different. Had he hit the summer QB camps recommended by Sonny and staff and come back to show the scouts what they want for pro level performance he may have pushed himself up a level. NFL doesn’t give two rips about your teams record so even if the team slips back a notch it wouldn’t matter. All that said, Max is a Horned Frog Legend for life no matter how it shakes out!

FrogCop19

Did any of us think Brock Purdy would be a starting NFL QB?

Much less, 6-0 as a starter (1-0 in the playoffs), and is about to lead a favored 49ers team against American's team in the conference semifinals?

I just hope Max gets drafted into a good system with an offensive-minded coach. A coach that can give him some confidence and help him relax on the field.

Max's worst enemy for the entirety of his TCU's career was himself.
What REALLY bakes my noodle is that we went 1-3 against Purdy but went 2-1 against Mahomes...

ShreveFrog

Not to pile on Max ... but also missed a wide open Savion Williams for a TD on first series.

But I think Max will mature some more, put in the work it takes, and could make an NFL roster as a backup for a good while. Then watch him sub in for a mediocre, injured starter, lead a comeback win, and be the fan favorite.

Look at Chase Daniel. 6'0", undrafted free agent. This was his 14th year in the league.

ETXFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Ive said all year to my friends that Duggan is a great football player, because of grit, drive, loyalty, and perseverance, but an average college quarterback.

Other than one or two games, I honestly think we have the same season with Chandler in at QB for the 2022 season.

vicarfrog

Anyone feel Duggan is an NFL QB after that performance?

Underthrew a WIDE OPEN WR down the left sideline in the 1st qtr., that would have scored if lead in stride.

Overthrew a wide open Q. Johnston later that was picked.

Threw 3 balls in the ground on 5 yard outs toward the sidelines.

Great season and tough kid.... but NOT a pure passer or an NFL QB

Will go down as a treasure for TCU. Will make better whatever NFL team he’s part of, but will not see him on Mondays, Sundays, and Thursdays. That being said, he’s a better man than I ever was when I was his age.

TooColdU

What REALLY bakes my noodle is that we went 1-3 against Purdy but went 2-1 against Mahomes...
Even worse, we went 0-3 against Purdy. He didn't play against us his freshman year.

Also, without that great "tortilla tip" TD, we would've been 1-2 against Mahomes.

It’s true Duggan doesn’t at this point have the arm talent of some of the top prospects. ie Young or Stroud. But he is a heck of a football player and he is tough as nails. It’s very possible that this will be enough for him to initially make an NFL roster if he lands in the right place during the draft or even post draft. I think he gets drafted somewhere in the mid rounds and if he goes to the right team he definitely makes the roster. Who knows after that, but it might be very interesting to watch unfold.