• The KillerFrogs

recruiting question

sandiegojack

With all the seniors we have on the team this year, does anyone know if the coaches are looking at bringing in any juco transfers. Specially a DL if we can find a good one to recruit.

sdj

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
With all the seniors we have on the team this year, does anyone know if the coaches are looking at bringing in any juco transfers. Specially a DL if we can find a good one to recruit.

sdj

Looking at DE Brandon Harris and a DB at Blinn. With the progress of our DEs I am not sure how hard they are pursuing Harris. The better DTs are committed elsewhere but I am sure they are looking, don't know of anyone in particular though.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Feisty thanks for the information. It looks like there will not be much depth at DT unless someone comes in ready to play next season.

sdj

Coleman, Johnson, Yendrey, House & Burns. Not too bad with Yendrey & Colemn having decent PT and Johnson has been impressive in workouts.

FROGDADDY

Coleman, Johnson, Yendrey, House & Burns. Not too bad with Yendrey & Colemn having decent PT and Johnson has been impressive in workouts.

I think that in the end that group will be better than what we have now, just might not be next year. Not too worried about it personally.

PhillyFrog

I have my toes crossed that a high-profile outcome for the Frogs in January would result in a high-profile DT switch come February.

Might help if the BE thing goes down before signing day as well.

Also hoping that one Chuck Hunter comes in from the cold.

Gunner

Might be telling if we only take one DT. Then you might think some of those guys like House and Burns must have promise.

Johnson is a given, the guy is a hoss. Yendrey shows signs of above average play. He gets sacks. Coleman is faster, or was, in the past, but haven't seen him show much this year.

I think we take 2 DT's if we can find 'em. Hunter is a big need.

oldscribe

Might be telling if we only take one DT. Then you might think some of those guys like House and Burns must have promise.

Johnson is a given, the guy is a hoss. Yendrey shows signs of above average play. He gets sacks. Coleman is faster, or was, in the past, but haven't seen him show much this year.

I think we take 2 DT's if we can find 'em. Hunter is a big need.
Amen to all that. I think Yendrey could have a great final 2 years at DT. I wonder if a 3-man rotation (Yendrey and Coleman with Johnson backing up both) might be in the works.