• The KillerFrogs

Recruiting-a couple of new names to watch

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Roy Robertson-every year a name seems to pop up out of the blue and the kid suddenly becomes a hot prospect, Robertson is one of those names. Virtually unknown with limited PT and no post season mention, not even HM all-district but the 6-4/240 DE out of South Grand Prairie has impressed scouts with his size and speed. Has received an offer already from Arkansas and TCU looking heavily at him.

Connor McKay-Another virtual unknown is WR McKay out of Auroro Co's Regis Jesuit. Missed most of the season due to transfer rules he finished up with 4 games played, 320 yards rec, 26.7 yards per reception and 4 TDS. He is a big, fast playmaker at 6-3, 190 with 4.5 speed. Also a verygood baseball player and has TCU in his top group along with several west coast teams. Wants to play 2 sports but knows football is his best option.

Houston Frog

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 8 2010, 10:50 AM) [snapback]542082[/snapback]
Both sound like solid guys. Would love to get a tall and fast WR someday.

Cameron White

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(Houston Frog @ Apr 8 2010, 07:52 AM) [snapback]542087[/snapback]
Cameron White

Yes! I get the feeling that Cameron White is going to be a star at TCU. He is going to have a huge Senior season next year.

talor

QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Apr 8 2010, 12:48 PM) [snapback]542169[/snapback]
Yes! I get the feeling that Cameron White is going to be a star at TCU. He is going to have a huge Senior season next year.

He might be a star at TCU but I am not sure there are enough footballs to go around at Desoto.

Gunner

QUOTE(froginaustin @ Apr 8 2010, 03:44 PM) [snapback]542074[/snapback]
Thanks Feisty.

Right down the street at Grand Prairie is Colten Bowen, another 6'4 240 DE. But Feisty is right, Roberson is the top prospect at DE right now, I think. Might be a little faster and better tenacity. But, it wouldn't surprise if we offerred both.

Gunner

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Jul 21 2010, 02:06 AM) [snapback]600481[/snapback]
TCU now in the lead for Robertson.

Whoa, hope that is right.... :biggrin:

West Coast Johnny

QUOTE(TCUTalor @ Apr 8 2010, 10:54 AM) [snapback]542171[/snapback]
He might be a star at TCU but I am not sure there are enough footballs to go around at Desoto.

They have 3 D1 wideouts on offense. Crazy tallent. Klein Oak may have more tallent though.

neutral observer

QUOTE(FeistyFrog @ Apr 8 2010, 09:24 AM) [snapback]542067[/snapback]
Roy Robertson-every year a name seems to pop up out of the blue and the kid suddenly becomes a hot prospect, Robertson is one of those names. Virtually unknown with limited PT and no post season mention, not even HM all-district but the 6-4/240 DE out of South Grand Prairie has impressed scouts with his size and speed. Has received an offer already from Arkansas and TCU looking heavily at him.

Connor McKay-Another virtual unknown is WR McKay out of Auroro Co's Regis Jesuit. Missed most of the season due to transfer rules he finished up with 4 games played, 320 yards rec, 26.7 yards per reception and 4 TDS. He is a big, fast playmaker at 6-3, 190 with 4.5 speed. Also a verygood baseball player and has TCU in his top group along with several west coast teams. Wants to play 2 sports but knows football is his best option.

McKay will end up at BYU. Robertson sounds like a good prospect.

Waccy Frog

So, if Robertson has good size and speed, and "tenacity," why is it that he had limited playing time and failed to register even HM in his district? Was he hurt? Is he just really raw?

Mike Brooks

QUOTE(SnoSkiDrew @ Apr 8 2010, 09:50 AM) [snapback]542082[/snapback]
<br />Both sound like solid guys. Would love to get a tall and fast WR someday.<br />

I thought Jonathan Jones could be that guy. He gets on the field but the ball never goes his way. Anyone have any info on him?

Latest posts