• The KillerFrogs

Rams

tcudoc

I recognize three of those names…
I thought the other two had passed away.
Here’s a photo from the memorial service:

Mathis-GP.png

CountryFrog

After this season. Noteboom will have made $28.9M in the NFL. He’s 28 years old. That’s a heck of a career.

Maybe the most unheralded Frog ever.
The Frogs o-linemen in general have had some great success. And other than Avila I can't think of any who were drafted very highly. Obviously Cannon probably would've been if not for the medical issue but that's not how it ended up.

I saw Austin Schlottman starting for somebody last week. How many Frog fans had Schlottman sticking in the league longer than Josh Doctson?

Wexahu

The Frogs o-linemen in general have had some great success. And other than Avila I can't think of any who were drafted very highly. Obviously Cannon probably would've been if not for the medical issue but that's not how it ended up.

I saw Austin Schlottman starting for somebody last week. How many Frog fans had Schlottman sticking in the league longer than Josh Doctson?
And none were really all that highly rated as recruits. Basically your average 3-star prospects.

So you gotta think the TCU coaches were either were really good at identifying underrated talent at that position or they did a really good job of developing them while they were here. And probably both. Seems like our O-line coach(es) always got ridiculed during most of the 2010’s.

CountryFrog

And none were really all that highly rated as recruits. Basically your average 3-star prospects.

So you gotta think the TCU coaches were either were really good at identifying underrated talent at that position or they did a really good job of developing them while they were here. And probably both. Seems like our O-line coach(es) always got ridiculed during most of the 2010’s.
I think the TCU coaches have to get a lot more credit for identifying the talent though. The reason those OL coaches were criticized is because that unit was without question the weakest of the offense in terms of on field performance for most of the 2010's until the QB position turned into a total clown show in 2018. And let's realize that the reason almost none of those guys were drafted very highly is precisely because of the fact that they were so inconsistent in college.

So looking back you maybe grade the coaches a little higher for bringing in some good talent but I still think the criticism was deserved for the on field product.

Eight

I think the TCU coaches have to get a lot more credit for identifying the talent though. The reason those OL coaches were criticized is because that unit was without question the weakest of the offense in terms of on field performance for most of the 2010's until the QB position turned into a total clown show in 2018. And let's realize that the reason almost none of those guys were drafted very highly is precisely because of the fact that they were so inconsistent in college.

So looking back you maybe grade the coaches a little higher for bringing in some good talent but I still think the criticism was deserved for the on field product.

did a quick search of the frogs offensive linemen that have ended up in the nfl since tcu joined the big 12, most likely is missed players, but the list provides some interesting context

vaitai 3 star #63 prospect in texas
hunt 3 star #68 in texas
colins 3 star #174 (saw him play twice in high school and still can't believe he played a down for the frogs let alone the nfl)

morris 3 star #56
noteboom 3 star #120
pryor not rated

schlottman 3 star #211

niang 3 star #5 in conneticutt

lanz 3 star #130
avila 3 star #58
coker 3 star #62

coleman 3 star out of juco

9 offensive linemen signed out of texas high schools who either are in the nfl, spent time in the nfl, or are a prospect, but none were even a top 50 prospect in texas

East Coast

Tier 1

Also, the OL coach for many of those years was everybody's favorite whipping boy.

LisaLT

Probably the idea of playing for the NY Jets (the last team to sign him I believe), was enough to sway him to leave the NFL. Lol

He seemed to lack that desire to play pro ball. Maybe injuries played a factor too.