• The KillerFrogs

Quincy Brown and the transfer portal????

Eight

No. Brown was the only one who was probably looking at real playing time next year. But even he was still a bit of an unknown since he's played so little in the two years he's been here.

You should fully expect 10-15 guys to transfer out every year no matter what. Some years may even see a few more than that.

this, you look at those who transferred out and the only one who had seen much time was brown early on before the injury

medford was a junior with if i had to guess less than 10 career catches, ellison rarely saw the field this year and was recruited over the last two classes, same with covington and stewart with the two jucos and the transfer, there were rumors last year perkins-mcalister would be transferring out, and sam plays a position that has the least limited playing time for the back up

you look at those who transferred in and most of these guys are in similar situations in that injury or being bypassed on the depth chart they are looking for a new chance. as pointed out though, there is something about them that does project to making an immediate impact and address a need

if we are being truly honest richardson is the only one of the incoming transfers with an established track record, bech did have a productive freshman season and then got caught up in the system change and new coach at lsu, and the others have had issues that have slowed their development and playing time

fanatical frog

Looking forward to see him rarely used while he’s here. Even with this new coaching staff we seem to have a serious aversion to effectively using the tight end position, sadly.

Staff went after him so they must have a plan for him. My first thought when I saw his highlight video was maybe his more natural position is slot receiver. We still have Wiley at TE.

Chongo94

I’m not sure 15 catches in 2 years denotes a big part of the offense. Kid just couldn’t ever see the field due to injuries.

Given the transfers we have coming in and if Hudson stays, this isn’t a major loss in my opinion. Wish the kid good luck wherever he goes and that hopefully his injury issues will start to be behind him.

TCUdirtbag

I think he may have had more potential than any receiver we've ever had, including Doctson and QJ. This is a disastrous loss in my opinion.
Completely disagree. We have better receivers than Brown. I suspect it was playing time or something like grades. He’s talented for sure but he’s not Doctson or QJ - or I suspect Cordale Russell.

What is funny is his dad, who has an eccentric online persona, tried to rub his transfer in the face of posters on the pay site, dozens were nice about it, and then when just a couple pushed back he went totally scorched earth / apeshit and the mods had to start locking threads (and possibly banned him). Such a bad look for him and his family.

Brown hasn’t landed anywhere yet, so I guess a deal wasn’t already in place. He’ll need a landing spot soon since classes have started most everywhere.

Chongo94

Staff went after him so they must have a plan for him. My first thought when I saw his highlight video was maybe his more natural position is slot receiver. We still have Wiley at TE.
The year he had great numbers at LSU they sorta used him all over…kinda like Bowers at Georgia I think. We’ll see if that happens here.

ShreveFrog

Here's freshman highlight reel of Bech when he led LSU in receiving, utilized as an H-back. At times an extension of the run game. Speed is listed at 4.5. Moves like a wide receiver. Has a burst. Makes guys miss. Good hands. Looks like inside slot at TCU to me.

East Coast

Tier 1
Completely disagree. We have better receivers than Brown. I suspect it was playing time or something like grades. He’s talented for sure but he’s not Doctson or QJ - or I suspect Cordale Russell.

What is funny is his dad, who has an eccentric online persona, tried to rub his transfer in the face of posters on the pay site, dozens were nice about it, and then when just a couple pushed back he went totally scorched earth / apeshit and the mods had to start locking threads (and possibly banned him). Such a bad look for him and his family.

Brown hasn’t landed anywhere yet, so I guess a deal wasn’t already in place. He’ll need a landing spot soon since classes have started most everywhere.
Exactly, this is telling me all was not right with Brown and the coaching staff. Whether it was Brown personally (grades, behavior, work ethic), the staff breaking promises and/or treating him differently than others (in his perception at least), or just them being honest on where he stood on the depth chart/playing time going into spring we don't know.

All in all, he is the only somewhat surprising player to enter the portal. I'm pretty sure there will be more guys leaving in the May window.