• The KillerFrogs

Questionn about black and white photos

bronco

Saturday I used the do it your self photo printer at Fedex Kinkos to print a photo from my digital camera. I wanted to print in black and white. Unfortunately the sky came out pink. I took one to Walgreens (a different photo) and it came out with some pink as well. Any tips on how to get rid of the pink?

Coach Pattersons Dog

Did you process the image or use it straight from the camera? If processed your monitor may not be calibrated properly for their printers. Might want to give Fort Worth Camera a shot at printing it or see if they can adjust it to print without the pink.

SnoSki

Sounds like a color properties issue. Fort Worth camera can take care of it if you can't-- it could be as simple as asking Walgreen's/whoever what color mode they use, be it RGB, or CMYK, etc etc

Coach Pattersons Dog

If you sent a color image to their printers and asked for a B&W print with no processing then it could well be what SnoSki said. if you can get me the image either in RAW or jpeg format I could convert it to B&W using Silver Efex Pro which should solve your problem. I don't know how large your file is i.e. can be attached to an email?

Opintel only sees things in shades of purple!!
biggrin.gif

Opintel

Moderators
If you sent a color image to their printers and asked for a B&W print with no processing then it could well be what SnoSki said. if you can get me the image either in RAW or jpeg format I could convert it to B&W using Silver Efex Pro which should solve your problem. I don't know how large your file is i.e. can be attached to an email?

Opintel only sees things in shades of purple!!
biggrin.gif
Indeed.

Um, wouldn't Photoshop (or Photoshop Elements) do a conversion to B&W? :unsure:

bronco

Thanks for the help. I am not very computer savvy so I think FW Camera sounds like a good option. Now here comes a really dumb questtion... Are they still over by the Camp Bowie 7th Street University intersection?

82Frog

Thanks for the help. I am not very computer savvy so I think FW Camera sounds like a good option. Now here comes a really dumb questtion... Are they still over by the Camp Bowie 7th Street University intersection?

They moved. I think they are on West 6th Street . . kind of behind the Wendy's on 7th.

Coach Pattersons Dog

Yep, they (Ft Worth Camera) are on West 6th about 3 blocks west of the old Monkey Wards.

@Opintel - Yes, you can use photoshop to do the conversion. I am a high falutin' photo snob and use al sorts of software to process digital images.
cool.gif

@Steel - I like Antique Plate.
ph34r.gif