• The KillerFrogs

Question about TCU and the Big 12

texasrobster1997

With all the anger and hostility going around the state (including the legislature) over schools leaving and/or being left out, won't there be a FIRESTORM if the Big 12 raids the big east and excludes TCU? I mean, everyone knows TCU deserves a BCS conference...we are going to be in one if it survives. For the Big 12 to kill that and push us back to the MWC seems such an obvious snub that even most UT fans I know would cringe. Am I wrong?

ftwfrog

I really can't believe that MIGHTY UT is scared of little ole TCU. And I cannot believe that they would let this sentiment leak out. They can still out-recruit us, out-fundraise us, out-draw us, etc. If it wasn't screwing us, it would be something to surely laugh at.

texasrobster1997

Yes, they shouldn't be threatened, I agree. So why the snub? I would think it would be a PC nightmare to screw us like that, especially after the Baylor stuff...

Waccy Frog

I think they'll talk about needing new markets, blah blah. But I also think things are moving and changing very quickly. So who knows where the Big 12 will turn in the end.

And I agree with your theory: as I said in another thread, a full frontal assault on TCU's conference that would clearly leave TCU high and dry would be an incredibly aggressive move and would result in backlash.

purplepreacher

I really can't believe that MIGHTY UT is scared of little ole TCU. And I cannot believe that they would let this sentiment leak out. They can still out-recruit us, out-fundraise us, out-draw us, etc. If it wasn't screwing us, it would be something to surely laugh at.
Don't care who you are, this is a great post.