athletics facilities...

Sounds like a terrific
idea, especially for
stadiums in the Southwest.
Any solar in works for
AGC Stadium? :mellow:

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
When I saw this topic, I thought it meant they were going to paint the field itself that awful neon green that is piping in their uniforms.

talor

We get a lot of hail in north Texas. Pretty tough on solar panels

Many producers account for hail and extreme weather. I saw one that shoots golf balls at their panels at 100mph to simulate hail. Simply put, there should be a hail rating or a hail certificate. If you have one of these then the damage, if incurred, will most likely be covered by the manufacturer or even by your home insurance.

How many days of sunshine do they get in Seattle? Maybe they should find a way to power their stadium on a steady drizzle and caffeine.

Decent solar equipment will function at a good rate even in overcast weather. The UV rays still break through and stimulate the electrons to create power. It won't be quite as good as Arizona sun, and probably will not allow you make so much power that you can sell back to the grid; but it still works.

I am no expert, but I find this stuff really interesting and hope to break into the job field of sustainable energy some day. Hopefully soon!

talor

Is this the same Qwest Field that uses FieldTurf? :biggrin:

Yea. FieldTurf, as in the surface made from recycled tires that doesn't require you to mow it as use lots of fossil fuels to maintain it. Your point?