• The KillerFrogs

Propelling a program

LionsBearsFrogs

Call me crazy, but I think a win like today could propel this program into a whole new level. 80s-early 00s Miami, but with more money, better facilities, and the best recruiting hub in the country. Things are looking great for TCU!! Win next Monday, and welll…. The rest is history!!!
I don’t know know you, but I can’t call you crazy. I don’t know about next Monday, but everything after that should be Frogs by 90.

I won’t call you crazy but I think it’s just one remarkable season to this point. Could it propel? Yes. Will it? I’m not ready to jump on that bandwagon
LHCGP got a lift from the Rose Bowl but never really dominated DFW. Maybe because he was not in with Texas high school coaches. Dykes dad and his background as a former Texas HS Coach may change that.

Also the Portal, Patterson hated it, Dykes embraced it and rebuilt SMU with it. Patterson needed 3 years to teach kids his D. When Tulane plays USC in the Cotton Bowl, former TCU DL Jenkins will play for Tulane. Jenkins is a Louisiana kid going back home. TCU can get a lot of kids in the portal that want to come home; see the 2 Tarrant County kids TCU just got from Alabama.

Pharm Frog

LHCGP got a lift from the Rose Bowl but never really dominated DFW. Maybe because he was not in with Texas high school coaches. Dykes dad and his background as a former Texas HS Coach may change that.

Also the Portal, Patterson hated it, Dykes embraced it and rebuilt SMU with it. Patterson needed 3 years to teach kids his D. When Tulane plays USC in the Cotton Bowl, former TCU DL Jenkins will play for Tulane. Jenkins is a Louisiana kid going back home. TCU can get a lot of kids in the portal that want to come home; see the 2 Tarrant County kids TCU just got from Alabama.
I get the point. A minor correction. Aledo is in Parker County…just barely. No doubt recruiting should benefit but I’m not ready to just translate or project that into sustainable success on the field just yet. We see an N=1 at this point

I get the point. A minor correction. Aledo is in Parker County…just barely. No doubt recruiting should benefit but I’m not ready to just translate or project that into sustainable success on the field just yet. We see an N=1 at this point
Mike Renfro just asked “what is Parker County?” Lol. Dykes is the difference. Patterson’s strengths (loyalty to his coaches and his intensity) became his weakness. Duggan said earlier in the year “when your coach does not freak out, you do not freak out”. Dykes and Kaz: new, calmer and more offensive sheriffs in town.

Eight

Call me crazy, but I think a win like today could propel this program into a whole new level. 80s-early 00s Miami, but with more money, better facilities, and the best recruiting hub in the country. Things are looking great for TCU!! Win next Monday, and welll…. The rest is history!!!

the u was a unique situation that i am not sure will ever truly be replicated, but i do think that the idea of higher levels of success can be sustainable for this program

when tcu opted to jump into the deep end of the pool joining the big 12 and becoming a p5 school the question wasn't would we ever be able to have a successful season

the question was and is do we have the commitment and will to "tread water" in the deepest part of the pool

An-Cap Frog

As TCU fans we have always known that we have undervalued recruits and that we were just on the cusp of breaking through under Patterson. All it took was a change in the air. Hopefully a win like this will convince those players that fit the scheme and that are supremely talented to give TCU a look.

Wexahu

the u was a unique situation that i am not sure will ever truly be replicated, but i do think that the idea of higher levels of success can be sustainable for this program

when tcu opted to jump into the deep end of the pool joining the big 12 and becoming a p5 school the question wasn't would we ever be able to have a successful season

the question was and is do we have the commitment and will to "tread water" in the deepest part of the pool
I think we will now be in the running for more of the highest caliber recruits, and I think we can be major players in luring some big time TP guys.

How that translates to consistently winning big, time will tell, because there is obviously more to it than that.

But I don’t think you can understate what this win means for the program. Beating one of the biggest names in the game when all eyes are watching is huge.

Why was the u so unique? Small private school in a metro area with lots of D1 talent. In the late 1970’s, TCU beat Miami and the Miami chancellor said after the game that if we cannot beat TCU ( we were terrible in the 1970’s) we should drop football. They got the Chancellor back to Miami, calmed him down, and soon hired Howard Schellenberger. The rest is history.

Eight

Why was the u so unique? Small private school in a metro area with lots of D1 talent. In the late 1970’s, TCU beat Miami and the Miami chancellor said after the game that if we cannot beat TCU ( we were terrible in the 1970’s) we should drop football. They got the Chancellor back to Miami, calmed him down, and soon hired Howard Schellenberger. The rest is history.

find another situation where you had a major college program basically sitting by itself among that concentration of talent

additionally, this was the early years of true national recruiting and while the bigger schools would pluck some talent out of south florida most of it was still there available if the right coach could make it happen

Brog

Man, I sure hope you're right. I can't help but remember, though, that this is what Baylor fans were saying just a year or two ago.

Mike Renfro just asked “what is Parker County?” Lol. Dykes is the difference. Patterson’s strengths (loyalty to his coaches and his intensity) became his weakness. Duggan said earlier in the year “when your coach does not freak out, you do not freak out”. Dykes and Kaz: new, calmer and more offensive sheriffs in town.
Caz calm? uhh...

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The thing is, we have to take advantage of this momentum and keep it going. It could definitely propel the program if things work out and we continue to have good seasons.
Was it 3 days after Rose Bowl victory we imploded ACS? We could have a dozen Bulldozers plow up a house & multiple parking lots next week Tuesday on our Eastside campus to start foundation works on 2 new additional dorms & dining facility.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Man, I sure hope you're right. I can't help but remember, though, that this is what Baylor fans were saying just a year or two ago.
Bailure is in Waco with a [ Finebaum ] stadium and a 12th century mindset of The Handmaid. They will never recover from all of that—no amount of lipstick will pretty up that pig.