• The KillerFrogs

Prime Academy

Hemingway

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/201...collapse-of-deion-sanders-prime-prep-academy/

“The now infamous Prime Prep Academy shut its door permanently a year ago with less than an hour's notice. Students walked away from the Dallas and Fort Worth campuses with no school. Employees left without jobs or paychecks for their final month of work.

With tears and anger, the state's most hyped and scrutinized charter - thanks in part to co-founder Deion Sanders - ceased to exist”

Crazy how this is just an afterthought now. His Majesty certainly didn’t keep these receipts I guess.

Last edited:

Frozen Frog

Charter schools are short term financial investments. The key is to build and make money the first three years when you receive bonuses from governments and other funding sources. In years 3-5 start creating an exit plan to shut it down and sell the facilities for a profit. Then do it again. Easiest way to commit legal and supported government fraud.

Hemingway

Charter schools are short term financial investments. The key is to build and make money the first three years when you receive bonuses from governments and other funding sources. In years 3-5 start creating an exit plan to shut it down and sell the facilities for a profit. Then do it again. Easiest way to commit legal and supported government fraud.
And the money never has to be paid back or subject to restitution?

Frozen Frog

And the money never has to be paid back or subject to restitution?

None of the ones I’ve seen have to pay it back. Bankruptcy may be involved. If you ever want to know how a school feels about your kid threaten to go to a charter school. If the school doesn’t fight it at all there is a reason. I know one kid a group of teachers darn near paid the family to go to a charter school just to get the kid out of the school.

Not all charter schools are bad. Some are great. Profits often get in the way. The best charter schools follow a home school model. Basically it’s a consortium of families that work together to form a school to align with a specific need/desire. Think 20-30 kids in a one room school type setting.

My other favorite charter school scam is the scholarship. Charter schools will often act like private schools. They claim to have tuition, but will offer a scholarship. They are free by law, but they charge extra money to bilk families. I worked at one where we charged parents to buy their kids art projects. Congrats your kid made this hideous finger painting. That’ll be $20.

StigFrog

From Prime Prep, Sanders & Sons rolled to Trinity Christian Cedar Hill. The TAPPS membership did not last long with Deon running the show.

Wikipedia: "Formerly member of TAPPS - Texas Association of Private & Parochial Schools. December 2019, membership terminated from TAPPS after handful of alleged violations, including use of controlled substance after football state championship."
Champagne in the locker room for high school kids. That's Deon for you.

Frozen Frog

From Prime Prep, Sanders & Sons rolled to Trinity Christian Cedar Hill. The TAPPS membership did not last long with Deon running the show.

Wikipedia: "Formerly member of TAPPS - Texas Association of Private & Parochial Schools. December 2019, membership terminated from TAPPS after handful of alleged violations, including use of controlled substance after football state championship."
Champagne in the locker room for high school kids. That's Deon for you.
Probably a matter of time before something happens with the NCAA and him. If I remember correctly half the administrators at Prime Prep didn’t have degrees or the necessary qualifications.