• The KillerFrogs

Pretty good start for offensive staff

Limp Lizard

Kudos to the offensive staff.

The OL seemed better, Minnesota will tell us a lot more.

The WR's seemed much improved.  Only really bad dropped pass was by a running back.  As stated in another topic string, they caught the ball with their hands and blocked well.  I would not want to be a little cornerback and see Moore coming in to block me.

RB's did well.  We have some true depth now.  On one pass, Hicks made a good block in pass protection, for instance.

QB...today's Startlegram articles told why Boykin played so long, and it made sense.  Meacham and Cumbie were not happy with TB's first half and had him play more and learn to do things right.  It looks to me like the offense, so far, is being held to a higher level of standards.

tcujsauce

First team O looked crisp and clean for the most part last night. Just a few mistakes, zero turnovers, executed the game plan well. HUGE change from a season ago. They were getting a snap off every 20 seconds, and Patterson wants them to push the peddle to the floor even harder. This season is going to be a fun ride.

LazyToadCA

Patterson said the Offensive Coordinators left Boykin in because "they weren't happy with some of his throws.". They just now noticed this?

frognutz

LazyToadCA said:
Patterson said the Offensive Coordinators left Boykin in because "they weren't happy with some of his throws.". They just now noticed this?
"Hey Doug"

"Yeah Sonny"

"Why is Trey throwing underhanded?"

"You seeing that too?"

"Yeah, that's messed up"

"You teach him that?"

"No, did you?"

"No."

"Well crap...."

Portland Frog

I believe the frogs ran 97 plays, which were the 4th most in TCU history for a game. Afterwards, before interviewing CGP, Estridge and Denton thought that the offense moved very effectively and reduced the average time per play from last season's 26 seconds to 20 or so (approximately) with no delay of game penalties, etc and thought it was a good start for the offense (they also were praising the O for how few penalties they committed in the first game of the new system, which I believe were 4?). And then they interviewed CGP and he basically ripped everything they had just praised (needing to get the plays off faster, fewer penalites on offense, fewer mistakes--like the dropped pass on the 5 that would have scored, the INT, etc.). Good ol CGP!