1. The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: Ex-Frog footballer White answers bell at Golden Gloves

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by Gil LeBreton, Feb 27, 2019.

1. PressBox DFW: Ex-Frog footballer White answers bell at Golden Gloves

By JOHN HENRY
    PressBoxDFW.com

FORT WORTH – Much of the first day of the Fort Worth Regional Golden Gloves Tournament was spent perturbed over who wasn’t there.
    For the first time in the 83-year history of the tournament, the local daily is skipping it.
    The real story on Tuesday night was who was there.
    A certain name on the fight card sure looked awfully familiar.

Read more at: https://www.pressboxdfw.com/ex-frog-white-and-us-answer-bell-at-golden-gloves/

BABYFACE and BrewingFrog like this.
  2. Good. Maybe that will give him something else to do other than trash his alma matter on Twitter...

MTfrog5 and Salfrog like this.
  3. I was hoping it was Marvin, but he would have to be in the senior division.

BABYFACE and Purp like this.
  4. Desmon weighed 138 before the fight wow. Congrats to him winning his 1st fight.

5. no mention of the the other former frog football player who fought?

6. They mentioned that Aaron Curry is fighting tonight

7. they did in the article, but noticed no one here mentioned curry.

8. Golden gloves used to be what a lot of Frog footballers participated in.
    Both Dutch and Abe liked boxers-- thought they had great hearts for competing.
    Two of the best were Harold Kilman and Paul Peebles, and represented TCU very well.

9. GG is one of the things I've really missed about living in Fort Worth. Maybe one of these years I'll make it back for a night or two...

Leap Frog likes this.
  10. Same thought I had. When I discovered it wasn't him I went to watch the Great White Hit again anyway. Thoroughly enjoy that every time i watch it, even if the resolution is hot garbage.

11. Vintage Frog factor!

Leap Frog likes this.
  12. Perfect last name.

Leap Frog and BABYFACE like this.
  13. Former LB James Helwig once fought Ali and bloodied his nose in an exhibition that Ali wasn’t exactly going 100%.

Leap Frog likes this.
  14. There are some great stories in "12 Mighty Orphans" about the kids at the Masonic Home fighting in the GG.

Leap Frog and Salfrog like this.