• The KillerFrogs

Possibly good news about Peach Bowl

Phroggie

As many of you know, or not, events controlled by the NCAA do not allow alcohol. I assume the semifinals are controlled by the NCAA and I am pretty sure the final game is. So no booze at those games. Hopefully the Peach Bowl is still controlled by the local committee, so there should be beer and such at the game. Gotta look at the bright side. Can't wait to see the Frogs destroy Ol' Miss. Go Frogs!!

rifram09

Hmm... I've never head of this.  Do you have a link to an article discussing this? 

What does it mean to be "controlled by" the NCAA?  The NCAA Basketball Tournament is organized by the NCAA, right?  So I assume those games fit into what you mean by "controlled by."  But I didn't think the semi-finals are like the NCAA. 

Isn't the Rose Bowl committee and the Sugar Bowl committee still running their games?  What makes the semi's any different from the other NY6 bowls in this regard?

I thought the NCAA wasn't the governing body of the BCS and they weren't the governing body of these semis either? 

Phroggie

You may be correct. Just using my personal knowledge about the NCAA rules from the past. If the local committees are in control, (running, organizing, or whatever term works) then obviously the NCAA has no input. I guess we can just wait and see. So much for trying to raise your "spirits"!

Lomez

The NCAA does not run the CFP.  There will be plenty of alcohol at the games in Pasadena, New Orleans and Arlington.

FBallFan123

I was looking around for tickets yesterday on stubhub and I saw some tickets that said "no alcohol".

I was wondering what that was about.

Phroggie

NCAA basketball games in Jerryworld had no alcohol sold. Not trying to create controversy. I was trying to put a positive light on the situation. I intend to enjoy the game and imbibe if it is available. If it isn't, then I will still enjoy the game.

Frog-in-law1995

Alcohol at the Chik-Fil-A bowl? How much pull does the sponsor have?

From the Georgia Dome website:

ALCOHOL

Alcohol is served at most Georgia Dome events. Alcohol is only served to guests over 21 years of age, and we check ID every time. Patrons are allowed to purchase two alcoholic beverages at a time. The exception is Georgia State University football games, for which there is a one-drink per purchase limit.

TCURiggs

Frog-in-law1995 said:
Alcohol at the Chik-Fil-A bowl? How much pull does the sponsor have?

From the Georgia Dome website:

ALCOHOL

Alcohol is served at most Georgia Dome events. Alcohol is only served to guests over 21 years of age, and we check ID every time. Patrons are allowed to purchase two alcoholic beverages at a time. The exception is Georgia State University football games, for which there is a one-drink per purchase limit.

Racist, IMO

Latest posts