• The KillerFrogs

Poll Position?

Ole Miss falls 5 spots in the coaches' poll. TCU now #7.
Weird thing about the coach's poll is tatat the two teams that have beaten 4 ranked teams ( Tenn and us) both have a low ranking of not rated. Look at the high/low. All I can say is, WHAT?????

NORMLFROG

is it impossible for some of you to just enjoy the season and appreciate the effort by the team and staff instead of starting this freaking hand wringing and mindset of the college football illuminati have scheissed us again

we are not even halfway through a very tough slog so just enjoy the ride and let things play out as they will play out
Football Illuminati is everywhere bro. We must remain vigilant against their snare.

NF

Wexahu

Nope we’re as high as we are going to be. Georgia tOSU and Clemson win out and Alabama wins out, we’re outside. They fixed us by putting the only undefeated team below a one loss team. Plus, even though we played 4 ranked teams in a row we now play the unranked teams on our schedule Remember when we slaughtered Iowa State and dropped. We’ll probably be lower than 7 if we win out.
You’re wrong but congratulations. The way some of you talk it’s amazing kids want to come play for TCU. I just assume they don’t have the victim loser’s mentality some of you have.

Eight

Football Illuminati is everywhere bro. We must remain vigilant against their snare.

NF

giphy.gif

JugbandFrog

is it impossible for some of you to just enjoy the season and appreciate the effort by the team and staff instead of starting this freaking hand wringing and mindset of the college football illuminati have scheissed us again

we are not even halfway through a very tough slog so just enjoy the ride and let things play out as they will play out
Is it impossible for some of you to just enjoy the freaking hand wringing, woe is us, and mindset of the college football football Illuminati trying to peg us again instead of just enjoying the season and the effort of the team.

We are not even halfway through the season and so enjoy the speculation and conspiracy theories while forgetting the remainder of the schedule and dream of the playoffs.

:)

Palliative Care

I appreciate people’s enthusiasm but poles really are not all that serious yet. 7 or 5 is about the same that is on the cuff of the play offs. In about three more weeks things could get more interesting but one loss and we are never there. In fact it would take a small miracle for us to make the play offs given the present system ranks of favored programs and us also rans. I bet if we were 13-0 we still would not get in. Someone would say “but they were 5-7 last year” and all the deciding heads would nod.

Purp

I feel good. Georgia Tennessee Bama will knock one or two out. Michigan Ohio state will knock one out. Clemson will lose to NC State or some bad team. TCU wins out we will be in playoffs.
Disagree. You see it with Bama ahead of us already. Any of those teams ahead of us losing to each other keeps them ahead of us unless they get blown out. If Clemson loses I wouldn't be shocked to see 2 SEC teams and 2 B1G teams in. Also wouldn't be shocked to see a 1 loss Oregon sneak past us if we're undefeated. The narratives being written about our weak SOS (that are completely backwards, BTW) are nauseating and setting up excuses to keep us out. It's maddening.

Wexahu

We can take Clemson. Their QB is not elite.

Bama…that’d be interesting. I think they’d run all over us and our line. Probably knock out two of our lbs as well.
I pretty much agree. Haven’t watched a whole lot of Clemson but they aren’t near what they were in those good years. And Bama isn’t quite as good right now either but to pretend we don’t have some flaws and would have more than our hands full against Alabama is delusional.

We have done a great job getting to 7-0 but we aren’t clearly better than any team in the Top 15-20, much less Clemson or Alabama.

Last edited:

froginmn

Is it impossible for some of you to just enjoy the freaking hand wringing, woe is us, and mindset of the college football football Illuminati trying to peg us again instead of just enjoying the season and the effort of the team.

We are not even halfway through the season and so enjoy the speculation and conspiracy theories while forgetting the remainder of the schedule and dream of the playoffs.

I'm just enjoying the fact that halfway into the season we are alone in first place, own the tiebreak over the two closest to us, and OUT is pretty much, well, out of it. And Aggie.

Sock Puppet

JugbandFrog, friend, neighbor, buddy.......sockpuppet is my gig.

Purp

I'm enjoying the hell out of it and expecting a loss every week. Have been for a month. I'm expecting a loss every week for the rest of the season too. I keep hoping our team will figure out how to start faster every week and we find ourselves in a huge hole again anyway. At some point the hole is going to get too deep and we won't make it all the way back. I feel like this is a B12 championship type group right now, but I'm not seeing CFP quality yet. We get that for the last 35-40 minutes of every game. Until we get it for 60 minutes I'll remain skeptical.

That doesn't mean the season isn't fun as hell, though. It also doesn't mean the CFP collusion against the B12 hasn't already started. The only chance the B12 has of getting a team in now is for Texas to win out and a whole lot more losses to happen ahead of them.

TAINTed frog

Nope we’re as high as we are going to be. Georgia tOSU and Clemson win out and Alabama wins out, we’re outside. They fixed us by putting the only undefeated team below a one loss team. Plus, even though we played 4 ranked teams in a row we now play the unranked teams on our schedule Remember when we slaughtered Iowa State and dropped. We’ll probably be lower than 7 if we win out.
Wait, is this the playoff committee rankings?
I mean, I appreciate the conspiracy theory but maybe put down the Alex Jones

Tshirt Fan

Wait, is this the playoff committee rankings?
I mean, I appreciate the conspiracy theory but maybe put down the Alex Jones
1. Matching us against Boise State in the Fiesta Bowl.
2. 2014, drop from 3 to 6 after slaughtering Iowa State.

How many data points do you need?

Because if TCU goes undefeated this year, you will have a 3rd.
OP is correct. When the PTB ranked 1 loss Alabama ahead of us, the writing is on the wall.
Yeah, of course, if TCU was undefeated last year and has an undefeated season this year, two undefeated seasons in a row, there's no way TPB could keep TCU out of CFP.

But in the circumstances we're in, TCU, even with a perfect record, would never make the playoffs this year.