• The KillerFrogs

Play the 2019 roster the last 4 games

asleep003

Not to totally eliminate the senior's from snaps, but staff should focus on playing the most probable 2019 2 deep roster. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year in reality, so lets start rebuilding, as a bowl would mean winning 3 of the next 4 games against KSU/WVU/Baylor/OSU... not likely as one of the top turnover teams in the country. Instead of being inexperienced, lets have experience at all positions.

Last edited:

Eight

Not to totally eliminate the senior's from snaps, but staff should focus on playing the most probable 2019 2 deep roster. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year in reality, so lets start rebuilding, as a bowl would mean winning 3 of the next 4 games against KSU/WVU/Baylor/OSU... not likely as one of the top turnover teams in the country. Instead of being inexperienced, lets have experience at all positions.

curious the comments abut not eliminating seniors from snaps

if you have a younger player with great potential and a senior who really isn't performing why shouldn't the younger snaps go to the player who benefits the most in their growth and offers great potential to the program

i don't believe it is worth passing the 4-game red shirt limit, but i would like to see some of the younger players get an opportunity as a true gauge just how ready they are to contribute to the program

Moose Stuff

In particular I’d like to see way more action for Hunt and Stephens. I feel like the other freshmen that deserve to play a lot are already playing (TMW and Barber). I’d also like to see more of Mathis unless they feel redshirting him is better (assuming he still can).

Moose Stuff

And assuming he’s fully cleared I’d have no issue with putting Rogers in the shotgun and letting him throw a few quick passes in a series or two each game. Just don’t let him get hit (easier said than done).

Wexahu

In particular I’d like to see way more action for Hunt and Stephens. I feel like the other freshmen that deserve to play a lot are already playing (TMW and Barber). I’d also like to see more of Mathis unless they feel redshirting him is better (assuming he still can).

At this point if he's only played a couple games they definitely need to make sure his redshirt is still available. The way our DE recruiting goes, we need to maximize every year a kid has at that position (if that kid has potential). Hopefully he hasn't been on any punt or kick return coverage teams so far.

Eight

Burnette looks the part.

he does standing on the sideline.

i just believe they have to get a gauge at what they truly have at that position going into the spring.

the two of them might not be ready, might get crushed, but scout team work just isn't the same as real game action.

MinFrog

And assuming he’s fully cleared I’d have no issue with putting Rogers in the shotgun and letting him throw a few quick passes in a series or two each game. Just don’t let him get hit (easier said than done).

Agreed. Id love to see him grab it and chuck a couple of fades to JR or Stephens for [ Finebaum ]s and giggles. Especially if we aren't playing for a bowl game against Okie Lite.

MinFrog

I’m not giving up on that just yet. Yes, I’m probably an idiot.
I have almost posted that about three times. I could see us beating KSU, getting mudholed by WVU, but Collins getting his feet under him and then the boys fight for the bowl for the last two winnable games.

Eight

https://gofrogs.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football#misc

Here is the games played list for this season. John Stephens doesn't show up on the list anywhere but I know he has played in at least a few games. T Hunt has played in 4 so far so I doubt he redshirts.

stats page for receiving shows john has 2 catches and played in 4 games. it also shows john with no number. no idea and it isn't uncommon to find oddities on that site

https://gofrogs.com/cumestats.aspx?path=football#individual

Planks

I’d also like to see more of Mathis unless they feel redshirting him is better (assuming he still can).

At this point I wouldn’t mind coaches wrapping Mathis in bubble wrap until next August to ensure he doesn’t get any sort Justin Rogers esque injury that might compromise his 2019 season. With Banogu, Collier, Eply, Summers graduating, Bowen always hurt, and zero defensive end recruits coming in who can play in 2019, we have no depth at DE.

Mathis and Collins are our only available scholarship Defensive Ends in 2019. If they get hurt we will be starting defensive tackles and walk ons at defensive end.

SuperTFrog

...as a bowl would mean winning 3 of the next 4 games against KSU/WVU/Baylor/OSU... not likely as one of the top turnover teams in the country.
I am not trying to be a prick, just a stickler for accuracy. We are not “one of the top turnover teams”, we are THE top turnover team. We are currently tied for last with a -12 in the T/O margin. I just want credit where credit is due...