• The KillerFrogs

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Back hopes to be up and running again vs. TCU Thursday night

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Back hopes to be up and running again vs. TCU Thursday night

By Craig Meyer / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. — For all of the emotional wear West Virginia has endured in its three-game losing streak, one that dropped it from a ranked team to a .500 one, the physical toll has been greater.

With a game looming Thursday at No. 5 TCU, the Mountaineers’ fourth matchup against a ranked team in as many games, the most notable of those injured players is starting to feel close to normal again.

Standout junior running back Wendell Smallwood returned to practice for the first time in about two weeks Sunday and said Monday he was “pretty confident” with how his injured right ankle felt.

“I thought I ran pretty good, and my coaches said I ran good,” Smallwood said. “It’s the closest I’ve been to back to normal. I think I should be good by Thursday.” ...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/wvu/2015/10/27/West-Virginia-notebook-Back-hopes-to-be-up-and-running-again-vs-TCU-Thursday-night/stories/201510270075