• The KillerFrogs

Pitching lineup

I have zero inside information, but I would guess Game 1 - Purke
Game 2 - Winkler
Game 3 - Mitchell/Miller ( not sure which one)

That would leave Appleby and Crichton out of the pen.

NativeFrog

Shouldn't need Purke against ORU. Pitch Winkler against ORU, saving Purke for the match-up against Oklahoma Saturday evening. Then you have Maxwell or Miller, Frey, etc., to close out the tourney against Dallas Baptist Sunday evening.

illini_frog

Ideally...(assuming Max is not ready to go)

Purke against ORU
Winkler against OU/DBU
Miller/Mitchell against whoever to win the tournament

If we go to the 4th game then go with whoever we didn't use between Miller and Mitchell.

Keep Frey, Appelby, Starratt, Crichton in the pen.

SLEEPER ALERT: Nowell has been used a little more recently too, if he could get us through one or two innings somewhere, that could be big.

Houston Frog

Shouldn't need Purke against ORU. Pitch Winkler against ORU, saving Purke for the match-up against Oklahoma Saturday evening. Then you have Maxwell or Miller, Frey, etc., to close out the tourney against Dallas Baptist Sunday evening.

So you think Purke is our "ace" at this point? To be honest, I have no idea what to expect from any pitcher. Everyone has been getting rested and being held back on pitch counts, etc.... I don't know what any of them are capable of

Houston Frog

Personally, I would go Miller for game 1 and then Purke/Wink for Game 2 and 3. I know this won't happen, but it is what I would do.

The key to Regional play is winning those first 2 games, and Oral Roberts is not your typical 4th seed pushover... they have an ace with a 1.95 ERA who I'm sure we'll have to face

Young and Horned

The key to Regional play is winning those first 2 games, and Oral Roberts is not your typical 4th seed pushover... they have an ace with a 1.95 ERA who I'm sure we'll have to face

I agree, but Miller has been as dependable as anyone over the past month. But, just my opinion. Oh well, win the first two. I will roll with that one.

The way our season has gone ( very unpredictable) you have to go for the juggular in game one and game two. There is no fooling around in this tourney with OU, DBU and ORU. If we dont bring our A game, then we will not win. Trust me, these teams smell blood right now. Everyone in our bracket thinks we are vulnerable because of our pitching injuries or resting. I look for this team to come out and play the best baseball we have played all year. I think our kids know what Omaha taste like and we need two great weekends to get back there. I think you will see a WS team this weekend.

Rabble Rouser

Why do so many on this board refuse to use a question mark in the subject heading when starting a thread to ask a question? Serious pet peeve of mine....

PurplePainD

Why do so many on this board refuse to use a question mark in the subject heading when starting a thread to ask a question? Serious pet peeve of mine....
Agreed, however I do find the implication that you felt deceived humorous. I consider everything posted on KFc has an implied question mark!

PurpleBlood87

According to Cohen it's Mitchell vs ORU
While Mitchell was been good recently, ORU has so many lefties in its lineup, Purke seems the perfect match for the game. But there is no telling how far Purke can go and it would hurt to tax the bullpen in the opening game of the tournament.

cdsfrog

I have the same info. Always subject to change though.

Makes sense to me w/ mitchell.

Purke is not our ace, ludicrous to say so. He has averaged 4.7 innings per start....

Winkler has a lower ERA, has pitched 40 more innings in hist starts at 7 1/3 innings average with a better strikeout to ball ratio. Not even close on this one.