• The KillerFrogs

Peter King's MMQB Mailbag

SnoopFrogs11

I think it would be fair to compare Andy to a Kolb or Drew Brees type of prospect. Kolb wasn't that highly regarded coming out of college and now he's establishing himself as a vaulable commodity. He could be a Brees type as well, a shorter QB who establishes himself in the NFL for a long time.

PurplePainD

That is a great, no - awesome, article. Dalton's quotes are clear, concise and "well spoken", especially if you stack them up against the myriad of other athlete's quotes I've seen recently. A good representative of TCU all around and I wish him well in all his endeavors.

pcf

Another thing Andy has the experience of winning big games.

The three most important qualities for Andy are: character, character, and character. He's got enough physical tools matched with great experience and intelligence that you'd trust him with the keys to your football team.

Is there anyone who doubts that Andy would give excellent effort at preparation or at learning an offensive system? A lot of the other guys seem flaky to me.

maximilian

The three most important qualities for Andy are: character, character, and character. He's got enough physical tools matched with great experience and intelligence that you'd trust him with the keys to your football team.

Is there anyone who doubts that Andy would give excellent effort at preparation or at learning an offensive system? A lot of the other guys seem flaky to me.

Gabbert and Locker don't seem flaky to me, but Mallet and Cam do.

Locker has issues with accuracy, and as great of a talent as his arm is, I don't think a team should take a 1st round chance on him. The bust potential is strong with him.

Cam is a dunce, and though his upside is a more athletic Big Ben (which would be phenomenal), I don't see him as intelligent enough to run a pro style offense. The NFL players are all stronger and faster, and won't have issues catching up to him and laying the hurt. If he can't develop more pocket presence, and use his feet to escape rushes and buy time, he'll be another JaMarcus Russell.

Mallet needs to lay off the coke and quit doing a really good Ryan Leaf impression, or he'll have warrants out for his arrest in no time.

Gabbert I don't know enough about to comment on, so I won't.

But a team at the end of the 1st/early 2nd would be foolish to look over Andy. His ceiling isn't as high as some of the others, but his floor is MUCH higher than them. Good value.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Nice nice NICE article for AD and by association our program. I sincerely hope that this comes true - particularly if AD were to get the opportunity someday to lead my Saints to another Super Bowl win. :biggrin:

Been fun to see his stock rise. I gotta admit a couple of years ago I would have never pegged him as an NFL QB. Now he may even sneak into the first round.

I can't see him get past SF in the second round.