• The KillerFrogs

perplexed and confused

ZeeFrog

so let me see if i understand this.

1. Colorado is the actual first pic for the Pac10?
2. Nebraska is the actual first pic for the big 10?
3. tamu is actually talking with the SEC?

(once again) so these facts bring a different light to the subject.

lets say Ags to SEC what does that do to DaHorns? could they go indy? i'm still not a believer in the pac10 InLand Conference.

does Utah get picked off by pac10?

i have a headache!!!

YA

If UT does not bolt with the others to Pac-10 then Utah will join. If UT stays in the Big 12, the Big 12 will raid MWC for one or more teams.

At that instance, we are in a doomed MWC and bound for C-USA or whatever is left.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 02:56 PM) [snapback]574093[/snapback]
If UT does not bolt with the others to Pac-10 then Utah will join. If UT stays in the Big 12, the Big 12 will raid MWC for one or more teams.

At that instance, we are in a doomed MWC and bound for C-USA or whatever is left.

You're always so negative........ :tongue:

SnoSki

QUOTE(ZeeFrog @ Jun 10 2010, 02:52 PM) [snapback]574082[/snapback]
so let me see if i understand this.

1. Colorado is the actual first pic for the Pac10?
2. Nebraska is the actual first pic for the big 10?
3. tamu is actually talking with the SEC?

(once again) so these facts bring a different light to the subject.

lets say Ags to SEC what does that do to DaHorns? could they go indy? i'm still not a believer in the pac10 InLand Conference.

does Utah get picked off by pac10?

i have a headache!!!

1. Yes.
2. Yes, likely.
3. No--they would like SEC, but won't leave UT's side. UT has greener pastures in the PAC 10, and A&M needs UT. UT drives the ship there.

Utah is staying put.. dont worry.

Froginexile

QUOTE(YA @ Jun 10 2010, 02:56 PM) [snapback]574093[/snapback]

Ball squarely in UT's court.
The talk for decades has been Pac-10. Pac-10 would kindly take just UT. OU would be nice, but not necessary. Problem is that traditional rivalry games can't be played if OU or TAMU don't follow UT. Maybe those aren't important anymore. (Crap, we know Jerry Jones has a conference call with UT and OU telling them that they have to go together.)

TAMU to SEC same thing talk for decades about that move.

We are in a better situation, because I don't think we will be stabbed in the back like in the SWC. MWC everybody is in it for themselves. No friggin' tradition and that is good right now.

ZeeFrog

i really am scratch-in my head over CU to the Pac10. a bottom feeder? tell me this is an institutional marriage and nothing more?

InnerloopFrog

What this simpleton doesn't get is what happens with the TV contracts if all the Mega conferences have their own networks? Where does ABC/ESPN fit to havng first rights? How do conference networks draw so much money for advertising if their premier games are still on other networks and now how do the Mega's fight for National time slots for their games? What happens like to Fox SW for Big 12 games? Are all of the new networks on basic cable or sattelite?

Jesse Palmer said on ESPN today that these moves make the lesser confrences "even more irrelevant than they are now".

Does overall viewership fall off nationally if the 60 plus other Div 1 schools get pushed so far off to the side they lose interest? Won't that hurt overall marketing?

I am clueless what the new TV set up is under all these moves.

Any one know? Not just opinions sought here but some researched or published explanation.

Thanks