• The KillerFrogs

Peoria Journal Star: Cerina visits Bradley

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Peoria Journal Star: Cerina visits Bradley

By DAVE REYNOLDS Journal Star

PEORIA — The Journal Star has learned that two recruits are currently making official visits to Bradley — 6-foot-9, 240-pound center Nikola Cerina, a sophomore at Texas Christian looking to transfer, and Malcolm Herron, a 6-4, 205-pound sophomore guard from two-year Western Texas College and a recent decommit from UAB.

Both players arrived here Tuesday and are expected to leave Wednesday.

Cerina, a native of Serbia, has played two seasons at Texas Christian and has two years of eligibility remaining. He would have to sit out the 2011-12 season as a transfer. ...

LVfrog

Big loss with Nik leaving. He seemed to be CJC's type of player. I wonder what the reason is for his leaving but will probably never know.

purpleshades

I would like to know as well. I saw I bright future with him. Seemed like he was developing well and next year was due to be a break out year for him. This is a terrible lose....

focofrog

I'm sure its a concern about playing time. Cerina doesn't have the talent that some of the bigs coming in do, and he's probably worried he's gonna get benched. His game has definitely improved a lot since his freshman year, but I just don't see anyway he can compete with some of the new guys coming in.

masterfrog

Whatever happened to the idea of getting a good education. What are the benefits of a degree from Bradly vs. TCU?
I would guess that in Serbia those two schools might be rated pretty equally. Of course if he wasn't going to finish his degree in four years, he will now have five.