• The KillerFrogs

People already lined uo outside the DMC...

They teach you elbows at Frog Camp to be polite, but I thought all students were intentionality disrespectful and did pointing until I saw those students doing elbows on the big screen.

There is nothing that drives me more insane than that stupid elbow pointing thing. I was in the class that started Hyperfrogs and the idea behind Hyperfrogs was great until one particular guy got in charge of it and turned it into an army where you had to "rank" and work your way up with points, etc. Anyway, I won't name the guy, but I was at the meeting when he suggested we use elbows instead of fingers "because it's mean spirited to point".

I mentioned "meanwhile, we're saying "we're gonna beat the HELL outa you", yeah, that's polite.". I left Hyperfrogs that night.

I can't believe they still teach it at FrogCamp and use the reason as "it's mean to point". We're cussing at them...might as well point, too!

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

tcumaniac

first of all i want to apologize for the thread... i hope it didn't keep anyone from coming...

just wanted to say that i'm very disapointed in TCUs marketing for this event.. i'm an "idiot freshmen" and even i know you don't talk about where overflow will be in your promotional advertisments. All the emails i got said **overflow will be sent to the 3rd floor ball room** And there were signs all over campus today that pointed to where overflow would be.

this most likely scared off thousands of fans.... why drive all the way to campus if you have to risk watching it on TV when you could simply do that at home... i think lot's of people decided to just stay home and watch it live on TV rather than risk not getting a spot... also, i think a lot of other people didn't have time in their day to get there super early, so they figured getting there at say 3:45 would be too late.

then we don't even get a full house... how embarrassing is that TCU? yes... it was a good crowd... but still plenty of seats.... TCU needs to watch out in the future... We can't turn into longwhorn and start getting too cocky... AKA charging WAY too much for seats in the new stadium Chris Del Conte. I personally think they're pricing out the majority of our fan base.

anyhow... the whole elbow thing is crazy stupid... i always point... claiming that pointing is rude sounds very Aggy to me... you know their whole "Hiss like Voldemort because Booing is rude" thing? sounds kinda like the thinking behind our elbow usage.. the guy who came up with that was probably some [Cowherd] that didn't get into A&M so let's stay away from it. Put your elbows down and point.

JugbandFrog

anyhow... the whole elbow thing is crazy stupid... i always point... claiming that pointing is rude sounds very Aggy to me... you know their whole "Hiss like Voldemort because Booing is rude" thing? sounds kinda like the thinking behind our elbow usage.. the guy who came up with that was probably some [Cowherd] that didn't get into A&M so let's stay away from it. Put your elbows down and point.
One of the guys that taught me that is an ex-military and now lawyer and could break all of your fingers faster than you could scream out in pain.

One of the other guys is a great supporter and cheerleader, and former male fashion model, who could probably cause you significant pain as well.

gdu

TCU needs to watch out in the future... We can't turn into longwhorn and start getting too cocky... AKA charging WAY too much for seats in the new stadium Chris Del Conte. I personally think they're pricing out the majority of our fan base.
Based on what? Was there a pricing announcement I missed?

TCU's admin has decided we want a top football program. Now it's up to the fans to decide if we want one. Top flight football ain't cheap.

Horny 4 Life

We were taught the elbow thing at Frog Camp when I went. Very stupid, but it was presented as part of the tradition. Interesting to hear the back story on that development.

BABYFACE

Maniac, DMC was mostly full only handful of seats left. SInce DMC can be packed to just under 8k, looked like in excess of 7k for celebration. I thought it was an impressive showing. If this event happened to be a basketball game, it would been just shy of a sellout. SO, Maniac, I don't see why you are disappointed in the turnout.

tcumaniac

Maniac, DMC was mostly full only handful of seats left. SInce DMC can be packed to just under 8k, looked like in excess of 7k for celebration. I thought it was an impressive showing. If this event happened to be a basketball game, it would been just shy of a sellout. SO, Maniac, I don't see why you are disappointed in the turnout.

it was still a great turnout... but it could have easily been JAMMED packed if tcu hadn't scared so many people away... a lot of students i know skipped it, because they didn't want to get there early and figured they wouldn't get a seat... i just found it pretty silly there were overflow signs all over the bluu and we didn't even fill every seat. just my opinion.