• The KillerFrogs

Overreact Much?

Frozen Frog

It sucks being a 2 loss team. This is especially true with the way the bowl system and playoff are setup. The playoff really needs to be expanded to 8 with all P5 conference champions given a spot, but that is another discussion.

We need to curtail the turnovers. They have killed us two weeks in a row, but we are also talking about a Sophomore. Anyone want to venture to look at how a FR-RS did at UT when we played them in 2007. It wasn't very good. Andy Dalton got better, and I firmly believe Robinson will also get better. There are plenty of other areas where the team needs to improve. Some of those guys are still young.

I also don't want to hear about quitting. We were down by 15 when we punted. That is a 2TD loss. I think losing by much more would've been far worse. I think Patterson and others viewed it as a coaching moment.

Slomo37

Of course SR will get better. I'm not concerned about that at all.

I am concerned about quitting. A loss is a loss; 15pts or 22pts is irrelevant. CGP giving these kids an "its ok to quit" attitude today is my concern.

LVH

Today was disappointing but I think those saying we will only win 4 games are retarded.

I would have loved to see this board after SMU in 2011.

Lots of parallels to 2011. Having to break in a brand new offensive line and QB. Lost to a team with a Heisman QB (Baylor/Ohio State) and gave the game away against an instate rival(SMU/Texas). But in 2011 we were able to right the ship. 3 straight home games to see what this team is made of. Iowa State and Texas Tech are games we should win and if we do we will get to see how much improvement has occured against Oklahoma.

Unlike 2016 our losses this year we aren't getting straight up whipped, instead giving the game away with self inflicted mistakes.

Joe1000

Of course SR will get better. I'm not concerned about that at all.

I am concerned about quitting. A loss is a loss; 15pts or 22pts is irrelevant. CGP giving these kids an "its ok to quit" attitude today is my concern.

There is no WAY out AD has the years or skins to be able to do this - but - that decision to quit is one where an AD calls the coach into his office and says “I need you to explain that decision to me coach.”

Again, I know it won’t happen. But that decision was an absolute embarrassment, not just to the team, but to the athletic program as a whole.

Between that and the botched interview with the Ticket where he said we are basically to scared to play Ohio state twice...this has easily been one of Gary’s worst months as HC here. Having said that, I still hope he’s here for at least ten more years. But that quitting crap has to stop. It’s two years in a row.

Pharm Frog

There is no WAY out AD has the years or skins to be able to do this - but - that decision to quit is one where an AD calls the coach into his office and says “I need you to explain that decision to me coach.”

Again, I know it won’t happen. But that decision was an absolute embarrassment, not just to the team, but to the athletic program as a whole.

Between that and the botched interview with the Ticket where he said we are basically to scared to play Ohio state twice...this has easily been one of Gary’s worst months as HC here. Having said that, I still hope he’s here for at least ten more years. But that quitting crap has to stop. It’s two years in a row.

If you had a sports press corps with any balls at all I think we may have something interesting to talk about.

GetToTheQB

I’m just tired of hearing these comparisons to 07 and 11. This is now guys. We need to win football games. There cannot be an excuse every single time. Shawn is a great athlete and I ride with him through anything. We all know he is going to get better with time. We have had the capacity to win the last two games.

This mentality of “remember 07?” Doesn’t mean absolute anything. This is this season. These statements are completely the reason we are in this predicament. There are questions that need to be answered right now.

Why do we all hear all off season long about john Stephens junior and he doesn’t play a snap when we cannot get separation on the road. Where has Kennedy snell been??? Are you serious??? Why do we hear all off season about Wes Harris. When he came to tcu as an early enrollee, we were foaming at the mouth. Trey Elliott lost us this game just as much as most players. You mean to tell me wes Harris is not worthy of playing a snap? Come on! These are questions we need answers to. Darius Davis has two tds week 1?? We haven’t see him since. The fact jaelan Austin is still consistently getting reps is absolutely beyond me. Run tre hights over him- anyone. He is awful!!

CountryFrog

I’m just tired of hearing these comparisons to 07 and 11. This is now guys. We need to win football games. There cannot be an excuse every single time. Shawn is a great athlete and I ride with him through anything. We all know he is going to get better with time. We have had the capacity to win the last two games.

This mentality of “remember 07?” Doesn’t mean absolute anything. This is this season. These statements are completely the reason we are in this predicament. There are questions that need to be answered right now.

Why do we all hear all off season long about john Stephens junior and he doesn’t play a snap when we cannot get separation on the road. Where has Kennedy snell been??? Are you serious??? Why do we hear all off season about Wes Harris. When he came to tcu as an early enrollee, we were foaming at the mouth. Trey Elliott lost us this game just as much as most players. You mean to tell me wes Harris is not worthy of playing a snap? Come on! These are questions we need answers to. Darius Davis has two tds week 1?? We haven’t see him since. The fact jaelan Austin is still consistently getting reps is absolutely beyond me. Run tre hights over him- anyone. He is awful!!
There is a difference between excuses and reasons. You're free to believe that every game should be won and anything said otherwise is nothing but an excuse. Others have a more reasonable and patient approach.

GetToTheQB

There is a difference between excuses and reasons. You're free to believe that every game should be won and anything said otherwise is nothing but an excuse. Others have a more reasonable and patient approach.

Not saying that at all great conclusion though. Just would rather talk about actual questions that need to be answered instead of sit here and hang my cowboy hat on a hook and discuss Andy dalton.

BigPurple87

Lol jd is a [ hundin] and has no say in the matter

Mean Purple

Not sure he had another option considering the bad play calls and the reality that the qb's mechanics for passing are off. And that second part ain't a sophomore issue. It's a what the darn has the qb coach been working with him on the past year and a half issue.

We have gotten away with not so precise execution on offense for a while due to some historic players and world class speed.

GP hinted at the end of fall camp that he was concerned about players not giving all in fall camp. He hinted the same kn 2016. And there has been more than a fair share of lack of focus mistakes the past 3 weeks.

Rcvrs are going to have to step up and go get some. Just like JD did, a lot, when Boykin would force throws.

CountryFrog

Not saying that at all great conclusion though. Just would rather talk about actual questions that need to be answered instead of sit here and hang my cowboy hat on a hook and discuss Andy dalton.
People aren't bringing up Dalton just for the sake of talking about him. There's a point being made which is in response to the questions that you and others have about what's going on.

Slomo37

Is it just me, or are there a lot of posters that never were invested in this board suddenly coming out of the woodwork to proclaim their outrage?

Not sure how people being "invested" in this board is even relevant or has to do with being a fan. I suspect it may say a lot that many are speaking up given the poor actions that were played out tonight (coaching). But, keep working on finding ways to disparage other posters who's opinions differ from yours...