• The KillerFrogs

Over at Texags

AroundWorldFrog

Watching the end of that game last night, I wondered when the "Let's money whip Sonny Dykes" comments would come out.

Hey, aggies, Gary Patterson is available.

LVH

Seriously question Oregon “shattering “ expectations. They were projected to be a 9 to 10 win team which is right where they will end up. Also Texas meeting “expectations “? Really? Did anyone check with the folks in Austin?
Oregon has won every game they have been favored and lost every game they have been dogs.

froginaustin

Seriously question Oregon “shattering “ expectations. They were projected to be a 9 to 10 win team which is right where they will end up. Also Texas meeting “expectations “? Really? Did anyone check with the folks in Austin?

A more profoundly true statement has probably been typed on this board, but I can't think of what it might be. "Expectations" at UTx is winning the conference and being on track for the championship tournament. "Near expectations" is making the conference championship game, making a non-tournament NY6 bowl game, and claiming they were screwed not to be in the 4-team tournament.

The kind of record UTx is posting this year means the entire coaching staff, or at least any that purchased housing instead of renting, needs to hope the Austin real estate market doesn't have a cyclical downturn soon. Even if they win out including a bowl game, UTx is not successful enough for some of their fans including non-peanut gallery folks whose opinions actually matter.

If they have any embarrassing losses** in any remaining games including the bowl game, it'll get stinky around here.

** big score spread; although just about any loss embarrasses some of those peeps.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The kind of record UTx is posting this year means the entire coaching staff, or at least any that purchased housing instead of renting, needs to hope the Austin real estate market doesn't have a cyclical downturn soon. Even if they win out including a bowl game, UTx is not successful enough for some of their fans including non-peanut gallery folks whose opinions actually matter.
That trip to Manhattan, KS may seem like a long walk on a plank for Sark and Staff. Should they be blown out (and there is a distinct possibility of this) the dumpsters all over Austin will be aflame!

HickoryFlameFrog

ummm...the ags didn't replace ballard with slocum
You are correct: Ballard followed Stallings, and in turn was followed by Wilson, Sherrill, then Slocum. In my thinking Slocum was replaced in much the same manner that Ballard was replaced. My point was the Aggies have replaced decent coaches with less than that in search of wins, the results have turned out to be a poor ROI.

Eight

You are correct: Ballard followed Stallings, and in turn was followed by Wilson, Sherrill, then Slocum. In my thinking Slocum was replaced in much the same manner that Ballard was replaced. My point was the Aggies have replaced decent coaches with less than that in search of wins, the results have turned out to be a poor ROI.

sherrill won three conference titles in a row had the small ncaa problems and then stepped aside for slocum who has their most wins so i am a bit confused

HickoryFlameFrog

sherrill won three conference titles in a row had the small ncaa problems and then stepped aside for slocum who has their most wins so i am a bit confused
I don't mean to be confusing or to prolong this discourse so let the Aggies continue to fire and hire coaches chasing a NC while spending a boat load of money. And with that I'm done commenting. Have a good evening and Go Frogs, beat the TT.