• The KillerFrogs

Our Friend Dave Ramsey is at it again.

Trelvis

So, if you dont remember Dave Ramsey, he is the writer from the Colorado Springs Gazette who wrote this before the draft...

http://daveramseysez.freedomblogging.com/2011/04/22/andy-dalton-often-tormened-air-force-but-hes-not-an-nfl-starter/5111/

Andy Dalton is not an NFL starter.

He was a nice college quaterback who fit perfectly into Texas Christian’s offensive system. He often demolishd Air Force. He won a massive pile of college games, but a dozen other college quarterbacks would have collected just as many victories.

And maybe a couple more. (Thinking about that 2010 bowl battle against Boise State and TCU’s 2007 loss at Air Force. Dalton’s throw to AFA’s Carson Bird remains the single dumbest throw I’ve ever seen in person.)

Then, after the draft, he posted this about Dalton...

http://daveramseysez.freedomblogging.com/2011/04/30/congrats-to-all-my-new-friends-from-tcu-dalton-is-selected-in-2nd-round/5185/

In the last week, I’ve heard from TCU supporters who compared Horned Frogs quarterback Andy Dalton to Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Roger Staubach. They compared Andy favorably to those quarterbacks.

I don’t agree. Dalton was a nice college quarterback who fit perfectly into TCU’s system. He was supported by a mighty defense. He didn’t make many mistakes. (Not going to bring up that throw to Air Force’s Carson Bird in 2007 that doomed the Frogs to defeat. That would just be mean.)

Don’t see him as an NFL starter. He lacks the arm strength. He lacks experience in a pro-style offense. He will make a nice NFL backup. A career backup.

But, hey, the future is in Dalton’s hands. Maybe he will develop into a quality NFL starter. I doubt it, seriously doubt it, but it’s not out of the realm of possibility.

Dalton certainly will be given the opportunity. He has a wide-open shot at the starting job for the Bengals, who picked him in the second round of the NFL Draft.

To all my new TCU friends, be sure to get back to me after Dalton’s first start.

And finally today, he posted these 2 comments on my own blog...

Congrats to the Mavs for sweeping a seriously confused, seriously old and seriously goofy Lakers team. Maybe the Mavs can win the West, which will set them up for getting hammered in the NBA Finals by the Bulls or the Heat.

Don't know if you happened to notice, but Andy Dalton - the greatest college quarterback ever - somehow failed to go in the first round of the NFL Draft.

God bless you, Angry T., and God bless us all.

Your friend,
David Ramsey

Thanks for the kind words. Not sure who said that one dumb throw defined Dalton. I didn't say that, which means I have to compliment your vivid imagination. I tend to read things and quote them accurately, but that's just me.
My thoughts were written primarily in response to Peter King's belief Dalton would go in the first half of the first round.
It was my opinion that Dalton would not go in the first round.
That opinion has now become what is known as a fact.
Your friend,
David Ramsey

An-Cap Frog

Jokes on him...he is not our friend...

Other Dave Ramsey comments:

The Pope thing will never last.
The US will never elect a black president.
Michael Jackson will never have a gold record.
The colonization of Australia will never work.
Gravity is junk science.
David Koresh is the second coming.
Color television will never catch on.
Beta-max is way better.
Japan will never attack the US.
I am a great sports writer.
Women find me attractive.
Men find me attractive.
Sheep are soft.

maximilian

Man, Dave Ramsey sounds like he sits at his computer constantly refreshing his RSS feed to see what people think of his newest outlandish hot stove opinions.

Hey Dave: Who is Air Force's QB? Answer: no one cares.

It's just like Baylor fans who talk noise about TCU not being able to hang in the Big 12: We don't KNOW if Andy will be any good in the NFL, but we KNOW at least, he can kick Air Force's [Craig James] just about every season.

2themax

Man, Dave Ramsey sounds like he sits at his computer constantly refreshing his RSS feed to see what people think of his newest outlandish hot stove opinions.

Hey Dave: Who is Air Force's QB? Answer: no one cares.

It's just like Baylor fans who talk noise about TCU not being able to hang in the Big 12: We don't KNOW if Andy will be any good in the NFL, but we KNOW at least, he can kick Air Force's [Craig James] just about every season.

Git'em Max!

HFrog1999

And if you try to get approved for a mortgage loan with no credit, good effin luck. Both Dave Ramseys need to find a real job.

Also, the rate of returns in his examples are ridiculous.

If someone can get 18% in a "growth fund" as he advises, they'd be an idiot to pay cash for a car or anything else as long as their interest rate was lower than his astronomical rate of return example :rolleyes:

Oh, and this Dave Ramsey writing about Dalton is just a jealous moron.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Dave ramsey uses 12% the historical index average as the growth stock mutual fund rate of return. His program is wonderful and simple to follow. This is coming from someone who was an Econ major and has made some progress in the CFA program.

dannyfrog

Has anyone on this board used Maaco as a paint and body shop? I've got a project vehicle that I'm working on and it needs some fresh paint.