• The KillerFrogs

Ouachita names Dennis Nutt as men’s basketball head coach

Congratulations to Dennis.

Would have loved to see Dennis coaching at TCU in some capacity. Seems like a former TCU star and Dallas Maverick might have helped the Frogs recruit some local kids. But, what do I know?

Scott

"KillerFrogs.com....your source for TCU SPORTS"
Good folks at Ouachita Baptist! His new athletic director is a friend of mine! Best of luck Dennis!

dutchman

Killer's coaches

Dennis Nutt, Jamie Dixon of Pitt and Scottie Brooks of OKC Thunder--3 pretty fair country BB coaches who played here for Killer. Are there others?

Mike Brooks

I remember watching Nutt, Dixon and Brooks (not as much) shooting jumpers after practice my freshman year. Seemingly for ever. All three were the protypical gym rats. Nutt was a senior and Dixon and Brooks were true frosh I think. long time ago.

masterfrog

Killer's coaches

Dennis Nutt, Jamie Dixon of Pitt and Scottie Brooks of OKC Thunder--3 pretty fair country BB coaches who played here for Killer. Are there others?
Let's not get crazy on this. One of these is not like the others. Nutt was the coach at Texas State for six seasons and had one winning season. His last team was 3-24. I wish him well on his new job, but he hasn't done a lot as a head coach.

Frog-in-law1995

I remember watching Nutt, Dixon and Brooks (not as much) shooting jumpers after practice my freshman year. Seemingly for ever. All three were the protypical gym rats. Nutt was a senior and Dixon and Brooks were true frosh I think. long time ago.
That was my last year as a ballboy for the team (got the gig through Dennis...family friends). Watching those three in shoot-around was awfully special. Would love to have seen the numbers they'd have put up with a 3-point line.

Dennis Nutt was a great college player. Back in the day, when the SWC could play some hoops, Dennis scored 36 points against the 6th ranked Houston Cougars and the next week he scored 32 points on 7th ranked Arkansas...without the 3 point line. Amazing stuff!