• The KillerFrogs

OT - How the Hell Did This B-17 Fly?

OldSchoolFrog

Lots of similarity’s. Not underpowered but over dragged. Can haul a lot of hate (ordnance). Heavily armored.
A-10/p-47= pickup truck — Awesome tool, fun to drive
F-16/p-51= sports car. — higher performance but smaller cargo capability Exciting to drive

Wish I had first hand experience in wwII era fighters!
Um, as an Armored Cavalryman….. A-10 drivers >>>>>>>>>>>> F-16 drivers.

Um, as an Armored Cavalryman….. A-10 drivers >>>>>>>>>>>> F-16 drivers.
No doubt from your perspective. I guess I swing both ways! I spent a year as an ALO (on loan to the army to “advise” them on air power). As an A-10 dude (at that point) I could hardly buy my own beer in the club. Everybody had a A-10s saved my ass story. Different tools for different missions. Attack!

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
No doubt from your perspective. I guess I swing both ways! I spent a year as an ALO (on loan to the army to “advise” them on air power). As an A-10 dude (at that point) I could hardly buy my own beer in the club. Everybody had a A-10s saved my ass story. Different tools for different missions. Attack!
"What is the Infantryman's favorite sound?"

"BRRRRRRRRRRUPPPPPP!"

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Yessir. They were green. Had an INS but no LASTE when I flew them. Myrtle Beach 91-92
I was 23rd, remember well how intimidating the 144 all looked rolling outta revetments simultaneously on the hill @ KFIA with wings lumbering, max load-outs of Mk82’s, CBU’s, Mavericks & AIM-9X’s, not to mention the GAU-8. Incredible gathering of (as I recall) 8 Wings of WartHawgs at 1 location.

I was 23rd, remember well how intimidating the 144 all looked rolling outta revetments simultaneously on the hill @ KFIA with wings lumbering, max load-outs of Mk82’s, CBU’s, Mavericks & AIM-9X’s, not to mention the GAU-8. Incredible gathering of (as I recall) 8 Wings of WartHawgs at 1 location.
Yeah I missed the show. Showed up out of training just as it kicked off. It was funny when they got back though because they all taxied very slow from being used to the heavy load out as you mentioned.