• The KillerFrogs

OT - Any motorcyclist on the board?

Atomic Frawg

Was thinking about taking a ride to game. This year the only feasible game is Norman, but that's also in late November, so the weather could be bad. Waco comes to us this year, but if it's scheduled before Thanksgiving next year it would be a decent doable trip.

Anyways, just gauging feed back. Right now I have an Iron 1200, but I'm likely adding an Electra Glide soon. Whatcha got? Feel free to post a pic.

Attachments

• 20221109_192718.jpg
    20221109_192718.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Atomic, I envy your thirst to ride. I quit riding 20-odd years ago due to the craziness of Other Drivers. I didn't ride a cruiser, but a CBR900RR. Not the most comfortable of long-term riders, but astoundingly quick and nimble. Yet, with every passing day, I began to realize that even with my skills and and ability to predict what Other Drivers would do, one day my luck would run out. And this was before the plague of cell phones!

May the road be clear before you, pleasantly winding, and the pavement dry!

Putt4Purple

Atomic, I envy your thirst to ride. I quit riding 20-odd years ago due to the craziness of Other Drivers. I didn't ride a cruiser, but a CBR900RR. Not the most comfortable of long-term riders, but astoundingly quick and nimble. Yet, with every passing day, I began to realize that even with my skills and and ability to predict what Other Drivers would do, one day my luck would run out. And this was before the plague of cell phones!

May the road be clear before you, pleasantly winding, and the pavement dry!
I could not have stated it better myself. I rode for 10 years. Bad knees and traffic distractions from other drivers scared the crap out of me a couple times. That was enough for me. Good Luck!

P.S. I had a Honda Shadow Spirit 750. I liked it very much!

Last edited:

Putt4Purple

My wife is from the Philippines and I travel there often. I actually enjoy riding there more than here in the U.S. 90% of travel outside of the major cities is by motorcycle.
It’s still a challenge and you may still have accidents but it won’t be with another car and at much slower speeds. I can deal that. Warm weather always!

Last edited:

Putt4Purple

Was thinking about taking a ride to game. This year the only feasible game is Norman, but that's also in late November, so the weather could be bad. Waco comes to us this year, but if it's scheduled before Thanksgiving next year it would be a decent doable trip.

Anyways, just gauging feed back. Right now I have an Iron 1200, but I'm likely adding an Electra Glide soon. Whatcha got? Feel free to post a pic.
Nice ride!

Armadillo

I flipped off a few bikers driving crazy on 1826 in southwest austin today (think salt lick bbq area). A bunch of middle aged fools acting like they are a bad ass biker gang. Does that count?

PurplFrawg

Administrator
I flipped off a few bikers driving crazy on 1826 in southwest austin today (think salt lick bbq area). A bunch of middle aged fools acting like they are a bad ass biker gang. Does that count?
And let me guess...they were doing 10-15 mph less than the speed limit and were spread out just right so that you couldn't pass or maintain the speed limit?

WhatTheFrog

NZjzfX8.jpg

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
If I get another bike this fall, I'd ride. I've ridden in 38 states and over 150k miles. About half of those on a Electra Glide work bike. Sold my Road Glide when I was in Midland. Too dangerous out there. Looking at some dual purpose bikes to finish out the Northwest. Done with Harleys.