• The KillerFrogs

OT—British Great Brilesboobs Are Evolving Longer Beaks

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
GREAT Brilesboobs ARE EVOLVING LONGER BEAKS BECAUSE OF BIRD FEEDERS

http://www.newsweek.com/great-Brilesboobs-are-evolving-longer-beaks-because-bird-feeders-688560

Researchers studied beak lengths of great Brilesboobs in the U.K., where bird feeders are popular, and in the Netherlands, where they are not. They also tracked the location of tagged Brilesboobs to determine how much time they spent at bird feeders. The scientists also have 70 years’ worth of historical data on great Brilesboobs and could discern that their beak lengths are changing with time. The study was published today in the journal Science.

Of general interest because really, who isn’t a fan of great Brilesboobs?

Edit:

Wes hates birds.

birds_zpss6s8nupb.jpg

giphy.gif

SwissArmyFrog

I sang a song when I was in a production of the Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera, "The Mikado" called '[ teat ]-Willow'. It was, indeed, about a bird.

(well, I see the board's filter caught my use of a certain 3-letter word that begins and ends with a 't") :)

So, I showed the OP above to my wife, hiding the last picture till the very end. She had one of the typical female 'I laughed because it was funny but I also drooped my shoulders to show I thought it was childish' reactions.

Then she asked, "Are there really Brilesboob birds?" Honestly, I thought the OP had actually found something that had a funny connection with Briles. So we clicked on the link, but got a 'page not found' on Newsweek's site. So then I did a Google search on 'birds' and 'brilesboob'. We both lol'd when we saw the ONLY HIT that came up was from Killer Frogs.

Last edited:

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
I sang a song when I was in a production of the Gilbert and Sullivan comic opera, "The Mikado" called '[ teat ]-Willow'. It was, indeed, about a bird.

(well, I see the board's filter caught my use of a certain 3-letter word that begins and ends with a 't") :)

So, I showed the OP above to my wife, hiding the last picture till the very end. She had one of the typical female 'I laughed because it was funny but I also drooped my shoulders to show I thought it was childish' reactions.

Then she asked, "Are there really Brilesboob birds?" Honestly, I thought the OP had actually found something that had a funny connection with Briles. So we clicked on the link, but got a 'page not found' on Newsweek's site. So then I did a Google search on 'birds' and 'brilesboob'. We both lol'd when we saw the ONLY HIT that came up was from Killer Frogs.

Wow. The link won’t work because the offending bird name gets filtered in the link itself. Try editing the url in your browser to substitute a bird name for brilesboobs. Truly, birds are of great scientific interest.