• The KillerFrogs

Opening Kickoff

m.moneymaker

Do we want to start on Offense or Defense?

Our offense is the most experienced side of the ball plus I'd love to see Kerley or McCoy (assuming he'll be the other one back there) take the opening kick. But there's also part of me that wants to see us put pads on pads as we fly down the field on the kickoff and then make a defensive statement early. We may not really have a choice if Oregon St. wins the toss, but if not then what should we do??

I can't wait for Saturday......

Opintel

Moderators
Do we want to start on Offense or Defense?

Our offense is the most experienced side of the ball plus I'd love to see Kerley or McCoy (assuming he'll be the other one back there) take the opening kick. But there's also part of me that wants to see us put pads on pads as we fly down the field on the kickoff and then make a defensive statement early. We may not really have a choice if Oregon St. wins the toss, but if not then what should we do??

I can't wait for Saturday......
Well, we've almost always chosen to have the option in the second half. I'd expect that to continue, if we win the flip, of course.

Dtx_Frog_Fan

Offense first. That way we can get the run pass balance established and have the OSU defense on their heels from the beginning. I believe this is easier to do when you aren't having to fight back from a touchdown down because Quizz broke a big play. Normally I would say defense first because I like getting the ball at the second half, but if we are playing a team with playmakers I want the offense to avoid any kind of desperation mode in the beginning.

hometown frog

the last game where we picked offense first didn't turn out so well for us. (Fairly sure we took offense first in the fiesta bowl. defer the option and let the defense start the game and set the tone