• The KillerFrogs

on3: Johnny Manziel details his interest in TCU as a high school recruit

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

Johnny Manziel details his interest in TCU as a high school recruit​

by:Nick Kosko

Johnny Manziel had high interest in TCU when he was a college football recruit. But it wasn’t just for football.

Manziel admitted the campus lifestyle, partying and girls were a big part of his visit to see the Horned Frogs. The football program was in good shape too, so there was a lot to love, kind of like the show Blue Mountain State.

Manziel pretty much said that when talking to Shannon Sharpe on Club Shay Shay.

Read more at https://www.on3.com/college/tcu-hor...school-recruit-shannon-sharpe-club-shay-shay/

Limey Frog

Oh, great. No one has ever written this story before. I can't wait to read it. I hope that Johnny D. Bag isn't just griping about his butt-hurt at GP for not offering him. That would be a shame. Especially if he were still doing this fifteen years later.

tetonfrog

I would have taken him. After redshirting, Manziel only played 2 season of college football, 2012 and 2013.

TCU was 7-6 and 4-8 respectively in those seasons.
Could he have played OT at TCU?

Not to hype up those Aggie teams, but the talent level at that time between ATM and TCU was not even close. Didn't he play with two first-round NFL OTs and an All-Pro WR at ATM? Didn't we start some true frosh at OT back then? And the TCU WRs were.........more important, who was our OC those years?