• The KillerFrogs

Ole Miss fan leaves game, ends up with $900 Uber bill

tcufrogger

I wonder how many stars the driver gave him? uber lets both the rider and driver rate each other - for some unknown reason the first time I took Uber in DC to the airport in the middle of a business day I got rated with 1 star. For my next two trips I had drivers say they did not know what to expect in picking me up and Uber final removed the 1 Star Rating on my record.

BABYFACE

FBallFan123 said:
I remember watching the local Atlanta news before the game saying Lyft would cap their NYE their pricing at 400%....and that Uber would not.
I think it's chit that a cab company would raise it's rates 400%. Uber wanted to go higher? Unbelievable.

DubaiFrog

BABYFACE said:
I think it's (Mexican waste) that a cab company would raise it's rates 400%. Uber wanted to go higher? Unbelievable.

Higher payouts entice more drivers to work on New years and other peak times. Don't like it, you can wait for a regular cab or walk.

YA

I never have had a bad experience with Uber.  I took a cab from downtown Atlanta Marriott Marquis to a restaurant up on the Chattahoochee River--it cost a little over $50 dollars and the driver was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad driver.  Took Uber back in a brand new Suburban with water offered and it was $62.  I will take Uber any day over a cab. 

Kaiser

BABYFACE said:
I think it's (Mexican waste) that a cab company would raise it's rates 400%. Uber wanted to go higher? Unbelievable.

Uber also sells bottled water at $300 a pallet during Hurricanes.  Price gouging at its finest.  

BABYFACE

DubaiFrog said:

Higher payouts entice more drivers to work on New years and other peak times. Don't like it, you can wait for a regular cab or walk.
I would choose not to pay or wait for a regular cab.

I understand they decided to jack it up beyond reasonable peak prices at these particular times. For me, it would be foolish to pay at such an increased rate and I would feel stupid for doing so. If others don't mind paying, more power to them.

I don't mind paying the regular rate, I just have a hard time over paying for anything.

BABYFACE

YA said:
I never have had a bad experience with Uber.  I took a cab from downtown Atlanta Marriott Marquis to a restaurant up on the Chattahoochee River--it cost a little over $50 dollars and the driver was a baaaaaaaaaaaaaad driver.  Took Uber back in a brand new Suburban with water offered and it was $62.  I will take Uber any day over a cab. 
This would be a good value and makes sense to spend a little more. What I will not do, whether it is a regular cab or luxury, I will not pay 4-10x more than regular rate for some peak time.

10 Key Frog

Frog-in-law1995 said:
I don't understand. How is uber different from calling a cab? Nicer car or something?
Nicer car typically (drivers are independent so drive you around in their personal car). Plus you request pickup, put in the address you want to go when requesting pickup and app uses your location for where the cab picks you up. It'll also gives you an approximate cost as well as you pay in app with tip already included in fare. Basically completely cashless and cardless. Afterwards you get a receipt emailed to you that shows the route they took you (so they won't intentionally long drive you) as well you can track it real time as you're driving on the app.