• The KillerFrogs

Old MWC Powers

SigmaUte

I thought this was really awesome and thought I'd share it with you guys. The two former MWC powers on top of ESPN's power rankings.

While I don't think Utah is the #1 team in the country, I do enjoy seeing it.

Anyways, good luck to your team the rest of the season. Would love to see TCU in the playoffs this year.

Go Utes!

WNRxabd.png

Horny4TCU

TCU, Utah, BYU, Nevada, Fresno, Air Force, CU, Boise, Wyoming, NM, UNLV, and SDSU would have made a hell of a conference worthy of a BCS title. We might of had to lose NM or UNLV, but Wyoming and SDSU put together a few decent teams. 

Week in, week out not many would have been able to make it through. 

Go Utes!!!

SigmaUte

Horny4TCU said:
TCU, Utah, BYU, Nevada, Fresno, Air Force, CU, Boise, Wyoming, NM, UNLV, and SDSU would have made a hell of a conference worthy of a BCS title. We might of had to lose NM or UNLV, but Wyoming and SDSU put together a few decent teams. 

Week in, week out not many would have been able to make it through. 

Go Utes!!!

That would have been one heck of a conference, but I think we can all agree TCU & Utah are in a better position national where they are now.

Dogfrog

ftwfrog said:
Espn would officially shut down if it's TCU and Utah in the NC game.
lol. Sometimes I wonder if there is a list of suitably profitable playoff teams in ESPN's TV contract, and payouts are adjusted downward if they don't make it. (JK).

TCUdirtbag

I would love a final 4 of:

1. TCU
2. Utah
3. 1-loss SEC Champ
4. Clemson

TCU over Cemson in the Cotton, Utah wins the Orange. Throwback MWC Title Game for the National Title in Glendale. 

Plus BYU and Baylor in the Tears Bowl which ends in a 0-0 tie because the field floods. 

Lone Frog

Mountain West above the rest! Is it weird that I find it easier to cheer for our old conference mates than our new ones?

Not that I want to go back, but still...

tiopepe

I don't have a hard time cheering for our current conference outside of Baylor. Living in Georgia I get sick of hearing SEC SEC SEC all day so it was actually quite refreshing when OU and Tech won their games. Baylor on the other hand.... I could never bring myself to cheer for those clowns

TCUdirtbag said:
I would love a final 4 of:

1. TCU
2. Utah
3. 1-loss SEC Champ
4. Clemson

TCU over Cemson in the Cotton, Utah wins the Orange. Throwback MWC Title Game for the National Title in Glendale. 

Plus BYU and Baylor in the Tears Bowl which ends in a 0-0 tie because the field floods. 
If we are having a throwback MWC title game, we should put it in the Poinsettia Bowl, because the Vegas Bowl lady prefers BYU.

Horny4TCU

NCG. TCU vs Utah. talkingHeads would explode. 

It would serve them right for putting us in the Rose Bowl and for Utah going to the Sugar Bowl. Both of our teams deserved the right to play for the NC.  

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
The playoff committee decides who gets in. So it would never happen. The only reason ESPN agreed to a playoff is because they get to control who gets in.

There should be some sort of antitrust suit against those scheissers.

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
If boise hadnt lost to byu they would also be in the mix, I still pull for mwc teams, really liked that conference, it was a bcs level conference 08-11